2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

I wouldn't expect any official news on this for a while. Lerner said as such.

Didn't we have interested parties lined up waiting for the end of the season to pounce?

It's just another example of hope and disappointment on this issue. I wish Randy Lerner never said a word about wanting to sell.

Edited by ThunderPower_14

Pretty obvious there's no takeover imminent.

Based on our performance the last few games I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them had pulled out of any potential deal!

"Sorry Randy, it's too much work"

I'm obviously basing that opinion on the basis of what the manager, CEO and Chairman have said over the past few weeks/months.

Im based it on what has changed in 12 months ?, no one wanted us last summer , the announced TV deal doesn't kick in until 2018 (I beleive). I think Randy dropped enough hints, that no takeover is imminent. I am more interested in who the new chairman will be.

I will be staggered if we have new owners by the time the season starts.

More than likely

1) no takeover

2) 10-15mil + player sales

3) continual restructuring of club staff - Admin & support staff for Tim

4) Club up for sale (a la Everton but nothing happens)

5) gradual improvement on & off the field untill Lerner sells

Lerner wont invest (but FFP doesnt allow him to)

Tim will serve his apprenteship with us, winning and losing some.

It'll be more entertaining and interesting since Big Ron, Little & JG

Football is at a crossroads. FIFA needs to topple so that the domino effect can upset the balance. Only the fittest will survive.

That means for PL - Man U & C, Chelsea & Arsenal are safe houses for Sky

Spurs, Liverpool & maybe Everton (Everton could go either way) can only aspire to gatecrash. The likes of Newcastle (C-Ashley-money) and us can only hope that we can be there ready to pounce when it all comes crashing down.

Edited by Grasshopper

My instinct tells me Lerner wants to stick around. He's having fun with his toys in the sandbox again.

He may be drumming up interest from silent investors to help finance what he can't on his own. 

More money will be available from now on, because I think he now fully understands what relegation entails.

Fox and Sherwood stay on as well.

North Stand project is put on hold.

Stadium naming rights is a distinct possibility, and Fox will spin it in his Foxy way.

If Benteke can be convinced of the club's ambition, he might choose to stay, but he may be just ready to turn the page on Villa, and I can't blame him. 

We better get top dollar for him, and we better shop him to every interested non-Premier League club first.

Mid table security, a decent cup run and better football next season will be a massive relief after this complete nightmare the last 4 years. Then we can really start rebuilding.

My instinct tells me Lerner wants to stick around. He's having fun with his toys in the sandbox again.

It was less than a week ago that Lerner said he would have nothing to do with the club from now on. 

• Like 2

Would be one hell of a job sitting in to replace Randy as chairman whilst we're being sold.  What exactly is the job description anyway?  Stay in America, leave everything up to Tom Fox and Sherwood, attend cup finals only?

It was less than a week ago that Lerner said he would have nothing to do with the club from now on. 

He's made a lot of promising statements over the years, usually via his Marine Mouthpiece...I'll believe it when it happens.

it was only a few weeks ago we were out possessing Man city....consistency in anything Aston Villa is a myth.

• Like 1

What will happen is some enthusiastic, but middle of the road (no richer than Randy), billionaire will buy us. He'll come with great ideas but not really the wealth to have a massive impact; then the FFP rules will be abolished. What will then happen is there will be another spate of super wealthy Middle Eastern/Russians buying up clubs. They'll buy almost every club bar us because our new owner won't want to sell.

This kind of shit happening is just our luck :(

• Like 2

What will happen is some enthusiastic, but middle of the road (no richer than Randy), billionaire will buy us. He'll come with great ideas but not really the wealth to have a massive impact; then the FFP rules will be abolished. What will then happen is there will be another spate of super wealthy Middle Eastern/Russians buying up clubs. They'll buy almost every club bar us because our new owner won't want to sell.

This kind of shit happening is just our luck :(

That would be an improvement on the current maliase !

We should know something one way or the other, soon enough because of Randy's deadline. I think Peace as come out and said the one for WBA's buyout is this month so maybe we have similar.

• Like 1

I know someone quite well in at the Albion and he said theres nothing happening at the moment regards to their takeover. Pulis told him he had never worked at such a well run club. Peace will 100% only sell to the right buyer. I don't get the same feeling with Randy.

Is it just me or does anyone else think if we aren't sold in the next 6 weeks that we will be relegated, who were the last team to flirt seriously with relegation 6 years on the bounce and not drop?

Â