2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Apparently the Dalian Wanda owner is set to be announced as the new owner of WBA in the next 24 hours. People talk about FFP but watch them fly up the table if true. Looks like he might have chosen them over us as well.

Apparently the Dalian Wanda owner is set to be announced as the new owner of WBA in the next 24 hours. People talk about FFP but watch them fly up the table if true. Looks like he might have chosen them over us as well.

I'd actually be pretty pissed if that happened, I can't lie.

• Like 3

Steve Madeley from 'The Express & Star' says that he's checked it out and it's nonsense. Hope he's right, the story was meant to have originated in the Chinese media, but perhaps not.

Steve Madeley from 'The Express & Star' says that he's checked it out and it's nonsense. Hope he's right, the story was meant to have originated in the Chinese media, but perhaps not.

I just can't wrap my head around us being such a poor catch for a potential owner. I'm going to assume that we're at least breaking even now, we're still in the Premier League and we've had a decent end to the season. Along with all of our history, our stadium, our fanbase, I'd ve genuinely baffled if these Chinese investors choose them over us.

I just can't wrap my head around us being such a poor catch for a potential owner. I'm going to assume that we're at least breaking even now, we're still in the Premier League and we've had a decent end to the season. Along with all of our history, our stadium, our fanbase, I'd ve genuinely baffled if these Chinese investors choose them over us.
i can only assume its down to running of the club.sandwells always had a profit and hasnt got high wages on there books compared to us surely?plus there finishing above us so as it stands look more likely of staying up then we do if say Benteke and his goals go

Having looked into it a bit more it looks like it might be a nothing story. Apparently it originated from someone called Jonathin Liu on twitter. But you never know, I guess we'll see.

Having looked into it a bit more it looks like it might be a nothing story. Apparently it originated from someone called Jonathin Liu on twitter. But you never know, I guess we'll see.

Well in liu of any other corroborating evidence id say I'd take it with a pinch of salt!

If we do get sold it will be at the most ridiculous time possible it will probably happen on deadline day in typical villa fashion.

Think Lerner bought Villa 2 days before 2006 window closed

Who is he?

Dalian Wanda is company owned by Wang Jianlin, one of the richest men in China. Apparently he expressed interest in buying an English club in a interview recently. And of course both ourselves and Albion have been said to have attracted interest from the same Chinese consortium.

If we do get sold it will be at the most ridiculous time possible it will probably happen on deadline day in typical villa fashion.

Similar with City wasn't it? Pretty sure it was deadline day when that one happened.
  • Like 1

But who are we to worrying about the sale of another football club....none of our business....and why should we assume it's going to make them better.?

We have our own problems and need to focus there......despite the poor standing we have during RL's reign....we have absolutely no evidence that a new owner will be any better.I

I really don't understand the opinion that New owner = success.....who says ?

We had marches ,protests, forums etc.....HDE eventually sold out.....has it really been any better on the pitch.

....but we all thought it would be.

Similar with City wasn't it? Pretty sure it was deadline day when that one happened.

Yes completed take over transfer deadline day and spent 32mil on Robinho and tried to hijack United purchase of Berbatov.

If as has been reported we are for sale at £150M then this amount of cash is peanuts in the world of high finance,our club would be a brilliant investment,the ultimate sleeping giant of the PL.In my view it would take probably E£500M in addition to the purchase price to put our club in good order, that includes on and off the field investment.With what the Villa has to offer it is mystifying why we have not been purchased.

If as has been reported we are for sale at £150M then this amount of cash is peanuts in the world of high finance,our club would be a brilliant investment,the ultimate sleeping giant of the PL.In my view it would take probably E£500M in addition to the purchase price to put our club in good order, that includes on and off the field investment.With what the Villa has to offer it is mystifying why we have not been purchased.

Aston Villa football club is in no way a "brilliant investment" for the reasons you have suggested. 

£650m to put the club "in good order" before you even see a sniff off a return (which even then is not guaranteed) is a terrible idea TV money or no. 

We haven't been purchased because we are a 2nd/3rd order PL team in an unfashionable part of the country with very little prospect for massive development a la Chelsea or Man City. 

Â