2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

@jwavfc Lerner has admitted there is "Chinese" interest and I understand they have bid. Let's see. Group v keen to get a Prem club

He needs to come up with an awful lot more than this to get over the 'Clark & Westwood to be sold' reputation damage he's self-inflicting. 

I can't see us being purchased by the guy fron "big trouble in little china" no matter how rich he is!

Does anyone know if Benteke has green eyes ?

'The cheque's in the post'

Is anyone else of the opinion that the reason we have not had our new kit revealed To us yet is that we are waiting for our new chinese overlords to take control then we shall reveal our new home kit based on "Jack Burtons" vest ?

• Like 1

AC Milan are also supposedly about to be taken over by Chinese businessmen - $1bn. Them and SHA are the only chinese owned football clubs i can think of. Can't help but think it could turn into a Venkys situation for some reason... 

I don't really regard SHA as being truly-Chinese owned.  Yes Hong Kong is technically Chinese but only in name.  Its trade model, its identity and its reluctant relationship and takeover by its motherland makes me regard it as its own entity.  Plus we've yet to see what an actual Chinese business (as in a traditional Chinese mainland business) owner would do with a club.  AC might be the answer.

AC Milan are also supposedly about to be taken over by Chinese businessmen - $1bn. Them and SHA are the only chinese owned football clubs i can think of. Can't help but think it could turn into a Venkys situation for some reason... 

Bee Taechaubol isn't chinese also he is getting a stake of 48% not a complete buyout.

Bee Taechaubol isn't chinese also he is getting a stake of 48% not a complete buyout.

Read that a Chinese group had outbid him for a 75% stake.

Â