2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Lerner getting praise for admitting his mistakes but I think it could just be PR, something that he's been advised to say in order to butter up an otherwise depressing interview/statement that's really full of bad news, no takeover, selling Benteke, club to carry on as it has been for the last four or so years, citing teams like Swansea as something to aspire to.

Lerner getting praise for admitting his mistakes but I think it could just be PR, something that he's been advised to say in order to butter up an otherwise depressing interview/statement that's really full of bad news, no takeover, selling Benteke, club to carry on as it has been for the last four or so years, citing teams like Swansea as something to aspire to.

There was no Praise, it was an explanation.

• Like 2

Lerner has promised he'll stand down at some point in the summer so at least that will mean some new direction from probably an incumbent although of course the investment would still need to come from Lerner....

Not holding my breath on any takeover either after last summer when nothing happened.

If Lerner doesn't sell the club to new owners, nothing will change. This whole thing of him stepping down as chairman, is just a put on, to give an illusion of change, and to give Lerner somewhere to hide. Everything seemed to be pointing to a takeover more so than last year, but Lerner's interview from last week has given me doubts.

Benteke being sold 30m +.

Crap like N'zogbia, Weimann, all the players we have on loan might combined raise about 10m although that might be optimistic.

Darren Bent's wages not a factor anymore plus probably Vlaar and a few others.

And this TV deal we keep getting told about "we can't get relegated, we lose 100m if we go down etc" surely some of that can make it into the budget and it dosen't all go to wages?

Lerner in the last three summers gave Lambert on average 20m. Chicken feed for a premier league manager but with Benteke probably leaving I want to see that doubled and Sherwood given 40m to play with.

And by god we will need that and to spend it well. Not easy looking at us in the last 5 years when so much money has been wasted on players who don't fit the club or system and don't connect with the fanbase.

And this TV deal we keep getting told about "we can't get relegated, we lose 100m if we go down etc" surely some of that can make it into the budget and it dosen't all go to wages?

Deal starts in the 2016/17 season, and teams in the premiership for that season won't get the money until summer 2017. And because of FFP we can't spend money we don't have, even if we know (hope) we'll be getting it for sure.

I think we're all in for a big disappointment,

We're not being sold anytime soon and I don't see any major investment coming in.

I think the opposite but on one point. The "major investment" partly due to FFP partly because I can't see new owners wanting to spend too much with a manager they haven't appointed.

I would compare Lerner's promises to sell  to Chamberlain's  Pre  WW2 "Peace in our time" statements - Optimistic to say the least.

Todays lesson to be taken from Arsenal is relatively straight forward. If you have a club  that continues  to invest in  quality players and has a  solid business plan and management to accomplish that you will succeed. If you don't have a  club that embraces those ideals you will look a lot like we do .

One  would hope that there may be some very real prospective purchasers about to step up and make a good offer to Randy Lerner for  our  beloved Aston Villa but until  I  see the headlines blazing across  the media  that Aston Villa has been sold I feel it will be  business as  usual at B6  and since  I carried  the   delusion  at this time last year I  have no reason to  believe that anything is going to  change  in a hurry. I will be  pleasantly delighted if I am proven wrong  :-)

• Like 1

Deal starts in the 2016/17 season, and teams in the premiership for that season won't get the money until summer 2017. And because of FFP we can't spend money we don't have, even if we know (hope) we'll be getting it for sure.

And even then, all teams get a piece of the pie, so prices will rise for even average players.

If we lose Benteke and aren't sold, it's really tough to see how we'll be competing with the likes of Leicester and West Brom, let alone with Swansea and Stoke, let alone anyone better than that.

I think the positive football we'll play under Sherwood should keep us up, but we'll have to fight for it again if nothing really changes.

Â