2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

And this TV deal we keep getting told about "we can't get relegated, we lose 100m if we go down etc" surely some of that can make it into the budget and it dosen't all go to wages?

Deal starts in the 2016/17 season, and teams in the premiership for that season won't get the money until summer 2017. And because of FFP we can't spend money we don't have, even if we know (hope) we'll be getting it for sure.

So what was his desperation not to go down then with regarding the massive TV deal as we could've got relegated, come straight up and still had the windfall if it dosen't come in for another year?

NEW!

Job opportunity: Aston Villa door to door sales.

Description: I am looking for 10-15 loyal Aston Villa fans to fly to certain regions of the globe to promote the club (door to door) to Billionaires with the intention of persuading them to buy the club.

You will be required to demonstrate your ability to blag, as you will need to gain entry into many exclusive housing estates/ clubs.

Location(s): Dubai, Moscow, Kuwait, Quatar, UAE, Bahrain, Beijing.

Salary: The feel good factor when we are sold. 

And this TV deal we keep getting told about "we can't get relegated, we lose 100m if we go down etc" surely some of that can make it into the budget and it dosen't all go to wages?

Deal starts in the 2016/17 season, and teams in the premiership for that season won't get the money until summer 2017. And because of FFP we can't spend money we don't have, even if we know (hope) we'll be getting it for sure.

So what was his desperation not to go down then with regarding the massive TV deal as we could've got relegated, come straight up and still had the windfall if it dosen't come in for another year?

Just people sporting nonsense about stuff they don't understand as usual. We actually could've gone down this year, and once we got up first time of asking we'd have gotten our big slice of the new pie

NEW!

Description: I am looking for 10-15 loyal Aston Villa fans to fly to certain regions of the globe to promote the club (door to door) to Billionaires with the intention of persuading them to buy the club.

You will be required to demonstrate your ability to blag, as you will need to gain entry into many exclusive housing estates/ clubs.

I live in Dubai and I'm happy to take on this job. I know someone who knows someone who knows Crown Prince Hamdan and he's a very sporty chap so that's my first port of call.

NEW!

I live in Dubai and I'm happy to take on this job. I know someone who knows someone who knows Crown Prince Hamdan and he's a very sporty chap so that's my first port of call.

I'm in Dubai too! Can I be your helper?

NEW!

I'm in Dubai too! Can I be your helper?

I'd happily accept a name change to the Fly Emirates Aston bin Khalifa Al Maktoum Villa bin Zayed Etihad if it means we can stop being dreadful

• Like 1

This thread is the most important one in the future of our football club.  Until this thread is full of joyous posts celebrating the arrival of a gajillionaire all the others about manager, signings, tactics etc are limited.

This is what it's come to.  The owner is the most important aspect of the club now.  Who owned Liverpool when they dominated Europe?  Who owned Manchester United before the Premier League?  Nobody ever knew or cared.  Now it's the single biggest factor in success or not.

Yeah that pretty much sums it all up for me

This thread is the most important one in the future of our football club.  Until this thread is full of joyous posts celebrating the arrival of a gajillionaire all the others about manager, signings, tactics etc are limited.

This is what it's come to.  The owner is the most important aspect of the club now.  Who owned Liverpool when they dominated Europe?  Who owned Manchester United before the Premier League?  Nobody ever knew or cared.  Now it's the single biggest factor in success or not.

I agree.

Modern day football sadly.

Until this thread is full of joyous posts celebrating the arrival of a gajillionaire all the others about manager, signings, tactics etc are limited.

Even with a gajillionaire there's not much we can do. More than a rich owner, we need a great commercial mind running the show off the pitch, and we've pretty much got that in a man who was instrumental in pulling in serious money for Arsenal over a sustained period. Until we get that bit sorted out it doesn't matter if it's Bill Gates or Doug Ellis who owns the club, we've got our hands tied in what we can spend over the next 12 months.

Right now we're on the cusp of acceptable losses with owner input, meaning that this summer I don't think we can spend more than a few million quid more than we bring in regardless of how rich the next owner is, unless the takeover is structured in a clever way that sees some of the purchase money allotted, through creative book keeping, for transfers (ie through something like training ground naming rights or something like that before the takeover is complete). Next summer we see the 12/13 season (with losses of 52m) drop off the list, so we can theoretically spend up to that 52m once it's under the limit of 105m losses over the 3 year in play. The following summer we drop another 51.2m of losses from the FFP regulations.

Until those seasons are no longer in play, though, we're relying on new sponsorships, commercial activities and player sales to finance spending. That's got nothing to do with Lerner being unwilling to spend (even if he is), but everything to do with the Premier League's FFP regulations that were voted in by a majority of members.

Well Andy Gray's son seems to think something is in pipeline not sure how reliable he is though.

I wonder if that might be more to do with the new chairman rather than a takeover.

IMO Randy has dropped enough hints not to expect a takeover soon, I don't beleive its anywhere near myself.

I think with another owner depending on who it is can immediately bring in new sponsorships with him, obviously it's not a given but shirt sponsor springs to mind and like you said training ground name/stadium rights are immediately something that can be done. I think Tom Fox has got the right idea and am willing to see him get it through. I'm curious how much more we could expand the wage bill? Valencia had like 5 loan quality players in after Lim took over and signed 3-4 of them on a permanent deal at the end of the season is that not possible? Obviously they achieved champions league which we will never do but even without champions league they had the compulsory clauses. This could all be useless to us of course.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

Well Andy Gray's son seems to think something is in pipeline not sure how reliable he is though.

I wonder if that might be more to do with the new chairman rather than a takeover.

IMO Randy has dropped enough hints not to expect a takeover soon, I don't beleive its anywhere near myself.

He just said something about having reason to be confident and that he knows people who know people. I think he was talking about an actual takeover, but who knows.

Â