2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Cheer up men, three bids is excellent news, I trust Randy to choose the right buyer - may it be the Chinese and the untold revenue streams imported from the motherland!

Why have you this faith in Lerner given his track record?

Cheer up men, three bids is excellent news, I trust Randy to choose the right buyer - may it be the Chinese and the untold revenue streams imported from the motherland!

Track record in what? Selling sports teams? Doesn't seem to have done too badly.

• Like 3

Track record in what? Selling sports teams? Doesn't seem to have done too badly.

Well the guy he sold the Cleveland Browns too was investigated by the FBI shortly after buying them. No idea how he's been as a chairman since mind. 

A consortium does not automatically equal a bad thing/lack of money. If they pay for the club outright then they may well be loaded (not that it particularly matters anymore) and are just hedging the risk - a bit like Dragon's Den when two go in together, they could afford it individually but decide to split the cost and risk.

The problem arises if a consortium, or individual, uses loans to buy the club that are held against thus club itself. This should be banned as part of the 'fit and proper' test.

• Like 2

The other two bids seem to me to be old news. 

Very little strong evidence that I can see to indicate any bids are ongoing. I am cool about the whole thing anyway, I do not mind things progressing as they are at the moment under Lerner.

Wierd out there are 3 bids but only one has leaked out ...I think the one that leaked is the least likely to succeed ..perhaps getting their name out there to let other clubs know there are looking to purchase a club.

Â