2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

New owners seldom sack the incumbent manager straight away. Although they do sometimes eventually line their own candidate up. In Sherwood's case, he is extremely popular at present so they won't be jeopardising any honeymoon period by replacing him.

With rumours of being in the process of due diligence, would that not need assurances that the money was in place?

My business knowledge is non existent really but some information looked at in the process must be quite sensitive and you'd want plenty of assurances before getting to that stage.

Hopefully it is this Gilan Holdings and Adams name has cropped up because of the Azerbaijan connection and that's all. Paul Smith seems like a top level operator so he could easily jut be doing the deal for them. Wishful thinking I know.

Sky Sports understands that a takeover deal for Aston Villa could be done within next two months, led by former Chelsea director Paul Smith.

Smith who is heading up a small group of investors, has studied club’s financial figures, and he has been working on proposed deal since March last year.

Former Arsenal and England captain Tony Adams has also been linked to the bid but it is understood his involvement would be in a football advisory role.

According to Sky News’ Mark Kleinman, Adams and Smith are said to have formed a new company called Halo which they intend to use as a vehicle to acquire Aston Villa and minority stakes in other leading football clubs.

One City source said on Thursday that Portugal's Sporting Lisbon and Italy's Internazionale were among the other clubs in which Halo was likely to express an interest.

It is unclear whether they have yet secured financial backing for their plans.

Aston Villa have effectively been up for sale for more than a year, with Randy Lerner, the American tycoon who bought the club for just over £60m in 2008, keen to sell.

Last year, Lerner appointed Bank of America Merrill Lynch to handle an auction of Aston Villa, and dozens of parties are since said to have lodged an interest.

Lerner has ploughed millions of pounds into the West Midlands club, and after some initial success in the form of several top six Premier League finishes, Villa have fought a persistent battle against relegation.

Neither Adams nor Smith could be reached for comment, while BAML declined to comment.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9846155/aston-villa-takeover-could-be-within-two-months?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edited by sexbelowsound

I dont understand this at all.

Are we going to be a rich club or are we going to be 50 cent millionairs ?

I mean, if the owners have to borrow money to buy us in the first place then that does not sound great for us i thev transfer market etc.Also, if they have to borrow money to buy us then what is all this talk about Inter and Sporting ? ! do they have money or not ?

I am not at all financial savvy but it sounds to me like,someone wanting to buy a push bike a car and a large yacht but they need to borrow the money to buy the bike first ?

if they have to borrow money to buy us then what is all this talk about Inter and Sporting ? ! do they have money or not ?

We are gong to rule Europe, with Inter and Sporting to be our feeder clubs followed by Dortmund, Lyon and Feyenoord :)

I dont understand this at all.

Are we going to be a rich club or are we going to be 50 cent millionairs ?

I mean, if the owners have to borrow money to buy us in the first place then that does not sound great for us i thev transfer market etc.Also, if they have to borrow money to buy us then what is all this talk about Inter and Sporting ? ! do they have money or not ?

I am not at all financial savvy but it sounds to me like,someone wanting to buy a push bike a car and a large yacht but they need to borrow the money to buy the bike first ?

The club should be in profit by next season I would assume, along with the new TV deal it makes football that bit more attractive to investors/businesses. 

I assume they're looking for investors, people with a lot of money and with big businesses, who will come on board and invest funds into the club to improve it's image and in turn improve their own businesses image (via means of endorsements, for example stadium naming rights could fetch a hefty sum of investment). 

They want to run the club whilst not owning 100% of it - "Hey do you want to invest £50m into an exciting sports venture which could vastly help the image of your own brands? Plus it'll be fun!"

If they're buying these clubs, who'll be the one they treat as the "premier" club?

Would we be feeding Inter?

Sounds cack.

It would have to be us given we'd be the only club they will own outright you'd think?

None of this is going to happen imo

Agreed.

I think it's all a bit pie in the sky. Mr Smith has poked his head above the parapet in my opinion in order to try and flush out a major investor. It is at the pipe dream state at the minute. The Tony Adams thing was an attempt to attach a name to the idea to give it credence, which has backfired a bit.

Either that or it could be the club attempting to flush. In either case I'd expect this one to wither and die fairly quickly.

• Like 1

I still don't fully get the Adams connection.  The guy is a tool of the highest order

Apparently it will be a football advisory role (whatever the **** that is)

Edited by KHV

If they're buying these clubs, who'll be the one they treat as the "premier" club?

Sounds cack.

Also if the clubs were to meet in Europe what would happen then?? Pretty sure UEFA have rules regarding this, in that it cannot happen at all???

Sounds cack.

Also if the clubs were to meet in Europe what would happen then?? Pretty sure UEFA have rules regarding this, in that it cannot happen at all???
You can't own more than one club but you can own one and have a certain percentage of others once they're in a different country. Sub 20% I think Edited by P3te

Â