2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Sounds promising. My hope is that this deal has been in discussion for a long time and fox and now Sherwood are part of the deal.

Apparently Sherwood is safe but Fox could possibly go, which I hope isn't the case because he seems to be doing a great job.

That would suck ass.

Sounds promising. My hope is that this deal has been in discussion for a long time and fox and now Sherwood are part of the deal.

Apparently Sherwood is safe but Fox could possibly go, which I hope isn't the case because he seems to be doing a great job.

That would suck ass.

If you had spend supposedly a year putting a bid/plan together and then spent £150 million to buy a football club would you not bring in your own guys?

He's doing a great job and I don't want him to leave either, hopefully he will be part of the new team and still have an important role.

Imagine if they sacked him and gave Tony Adams his job  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:  :blink:

Edited by avfcwills10
  • Like 1

I'd much rather Randy stayed than sold to the first bid that came along that matched the asking price.

I hope, if this bid is real, that that is not the case.

I could live with that.

I'd much rather Randy stayed than sold to the first bid that came along that matched the asking price.

I hope, if this bid is real, that that is not the case.

Very much agree.

Better the devil you know than the devil you don't etc...

Very much agree.

... now where have I heard that used in defense of mediocrity before.... ?

Very much agree.

In Lambert's case, the train of thought that "anyone could do better" was probably a fair one in retrospect.

That is certainly not the case for Lerner.

I'm not about to claim that lerner is great, or even good. But it could be so, so, SO much worse.

So I absolutely agree with Dante. Accepting the first bid that comes along that meets Randy's valuation would be incredibly dangerous. I hope that' snot the case (and don't believe it is either)

• Like 1

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9839921/arsenal-hero-tony-adams-planning-aston-villa-takeover-bid

ky News understands that former Arsenal and England captain Tony Adams and a former Chelsea executive are seeking financial backing for a takeover bid for Aston Villa.

Sky News has learned that Adams has been working with Paul Smith, a former executive at Chelsea FC and IMG, the sports rights agency, on a possible £150m bid.

They have approached a number of private equity and other investment firms in recent weeks in an effort to raise approximately £75m in new equity to finance an offer for the club.

The remainder of the funding would probably be in the form of new debt, with a unit of Goldman Sachs understood to have been sounded out about providing the additional capital.

Adams and Smith are said to have formed a new company called Halo which they intend to use as a vehicle to acquire Aston Villa and minority stakes in other leading football clubs.

One City source said on Thursday that Portugal's Sporting Lisbon and Italy's Internazionale were among the other clubs in which Halo was likely to express an interest.

Brazil and Belgium are also among the national leagues that the vehicle was assessing, with Adams and Smith interested in establishing an international network that would create "a long supply chain of playing talent", a source said.

It is unclear whether they have yet secured financial backing for their plans.

Aston Villa have effectively been up for sale for more than a year, with Randy Lerner, the American tycoon who bought the club for just over £60m in 2008, keen to offload.

Last year, Lerner appointed Bank of America Merrill Lynch to handle an auction of Aston Villa, and dozens of parties are since said to have lodged an interest.

Lerner has ploughed millions of pounds into the West Midlands club, and after some initial success in the form of several top six Premier League finishes, Villa have fought a persistent battle against relegation.

Neither Adams nor Smith could be reached for comment, while BAML declined to comment.

the article has no doubt already been posted, but the 4th comment...

Hope this is true then we can get that poser sherwood out, the only person he loves is himself

:lol:  nice one Trev

Very much agree.

Agreed. The fear of the unknown should not put us off.

Looking at Paul Smiths time at Chelsea he seemed to work alongside Peter Kenyon so hopefully Fox wouldn't get the bullet. I've no idea what a Business Affairs Director does so if any one does all information would be grateful. I'd like to keep Fox and Sherwood at least for the short term as I think they've bought into the club and always talk us up.

• Like 1

I'm with you on the Adams thing, he has this air of desperation around him these days that makes me very uncomfortable.  But I didn't want Sherwood so what the hell do I know.

• Like 1

Looking at Paul Smiths time at Chelsea he seemed to work alongside Peter Kenyon so hopefully Fox wouldn't get the bullet. I've no idea what a Business Affairs Director does so if any one does all information would be grateful. I'd like to keep Fox and Sherwood at least for the short term as I think they've bought into the club and always talk us up.

Yeah and then he got sacked supposedly after their wives got into a cat fight!!!!!!! Is Tom married?? Be careful Mrs Fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

I'm not liking any of this one bit. People complain about Randy allegedly not putting money in (despite putting huge money in), and now there's talk of a loan to buy deal for us? I'll keep Mr. Lerner thanks

• Like 1

Very much agree.

You don't think there's a reason to be cautious about our next takeover?

Do you think anyone other than lerner would do?

I find it astonishing that anyone can have that view

This is obviously unfair, but one of the first things I thought of when I read that they'd been advised by Tony Adams was the Panorama episode from a few years back with Bryan Robson. If they can't afford to buy us then there's no point really. Unless it's something to do with the Azerbaijan rumours from before, plus Charlie Wijeratna has links with the region too.

Very much agree.

You don't think there's a reason to be cautious about our next takeover?

Do you think anyone other than lerner would do?

I find it astonishing that anyone can have that view

Completely agree and it's certainly not comparable with Lambert. Lambert was losing every single game and we weren't scoring, so things couldn't really get much worse. Managers that we were linked with you couldn't really describe as "unknown" either. We all knew Sherwood was going to play an attacking style (though I'm sure none of us figured it would be this effective) and you sort of know what you will get from a manager, in terms of style at least.

But with an owner, you pretty much know nothing about them or their ambitions or how they will go about doing things. It's an absolute unknown. Plus, things can get worse than under Lerner.

Â