Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

Don't even feel like watching this one. Just seeing the score at the end of the game will be enough.

Same. My current intention is to avoid football completely until the results at 5.00 pm, prepared for bad news.

Although I've said that before, and cracked and put myself through the torture.

Today and Tuesday are such key games.

If we are going to stay up then we simply have to win or at least get 4 points from these frankly winnable games.

It's the cliché but if we get nothing out of these we'll have deserved to go down.

I fancy us to do something to stay alive today.

1 - 2 win. Benteke and Sinclair.

John Carver when asked if there would be no love lost should Villa be relegated said "Absolutely not". I suggest that be pinned on the dressing room door today!! 

We go into this game having been shown the most red cards in the PL against a team that have yet to have an opponent sent off against them this season.

We have also lost 6 league games in a row for the second time this season. We last won up there 10 years ago.

Everything points to a win for us then albeit one in which we end the game with 10 men again!   ;)   

I'm going today and I'm genuinely shitting my pants. I think if we lose today then we will be struggling to stay up, as we will have lost 2 of our "winnable" remaining games (this and last week against Stoke).

However, if I had to pick one team to play against at the minute, it would be Newcastle. They are almost as bad as us, they don't have any clear direction and when you look at their team, its actually very poor. However, they probably think exactly the same about us.

I have a sneaky feeling that we might have a convincing win today, maybe 3-0. But then I thought the same last week. I just feel like if we can get the first goal and push on and get a second, then the players will have a level of freedom in their play which Newcastle will not be able to cope with. We need to play how we did in the second half against Leicester, and Newcastle will not be able to handle us.

Come on Villa, a win today and things start to look alot healthier!

• Like 1

B-7erU4WwAEGuae.jpg

Stay safe and calm in Newcastle today chaps, dickheads on the loose, with anti immigrant protestors and anti anti immigrant protestors all doing their thing.

As someone who was born and raised in Newcastle (I'm a Villa because of family ties).....and someone who is of Indian heritage, we will all be on our guard today!