Pre-Match Thread

roonst83

Bribe for the ref and the following formation:

Given - Goose - Steer

Hutton - Okore - Clark - Cissokho

Bacuna - Sanchez - Westwood - Delph

Cleverley - Gil - Weimann

Benteke - Me - Gabby

Still think we'll lose 6-3 despite my hat-trick. At least I'd be our top scorer though.

Edited by Max the Silent

When I look at the newcastle team....Williamson,...Anita....Dummett.....Abeid...Gouffran etc, is that really much better than what we put out.

And yet they're 10 points clear of us and safely in mid table. As was the case last season.

And yet they wanted Pardew out as much as we did with Lambert and have Mike Ashley running the show yet are comfortably ahead of us each season.

How so?

When I look at the newcastle team....Williamson,...Anita....Dummett.....Abeid...Gouffran etc, is that really much better than what we put out.

And yet they're 10 points clear of us and safely in mid table. As was the case last season.

And yet they wanted Pardew out as much as we did with Lambert and have Mike Ashley running the show yet are comfortably ahead of us each season.

How so?

Because seeing your team stand still in football is not acceptable for most fans from any club.

If we were to be in Newcastle's position we'd be moaning too and calling for the managers head. Would take a few years to get to that point but it would happen. Just like Arsenal fans moan about Arsene Wenger, which seems ridiculous to us but i'm sure they have their reasons. Stoke fans wanted Pullis out even though he did a remarkable job there too.

People want to see progression, if you don't progress, there's no hope in becoming better. If there's no hope in getting better, then what's the point? 

Edited by PieFacE

How so?

Because seeing your team stand still in football is not acceptable for most fans from any club.

If we were to be in Newcastle's position we'd be moaning too and calling for the managers head. Would take a few years to get to that point but it would happen. Just like Arsenal fans moan about Arsene Wenger, which seems ridiculous to us but i'm sure they have their reasons. Stoke fans wanted Pullis out even though he did a remarkable job there too.

People want to see progression, if you don't progress, there's no hope in becoming better. If there's no hope in getting better, then what's the point? 

There are very few things that aggravate me more than talking to an Arsenal-supporting friend about football. He has so, so very many complaints. 

If we don't start getting some point soon, for example today, then it's a pretty slippery slope from here. I know we've only just dipped in to relegation but it just seems a long way back with not many games left. We're 6 points off 12th, so with a few results from us, and a few other results going the right way. Really need to see the revival start today, Stoke wasn't without it's positives, but I want this to be where the points start!

How so?

You miss the point....I was on about how are Newcastle 10 points clear of us when IMO there is little to choose between the two squads and according to their fans they have an even worse owner than Lerner.