Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

All this talk of music but I still can’t believe that there are areas of the U.K. where people put ketchup on chips from the chip shop! Who are these people?! 

I always thought that the Tom Hanks film Big was just a movie, please don’t tell me it’s actually a documentary and the U.K. is full of 9 year olds inside adult bodies.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

All this talk of music but I still can’t believe that there are areas of the U.K. where people put ketchup on chips from the chip shop! Who are these people?! 

I always thought that the Tom Hanks film Big was just a movie, please don’t tell me it’s actually a documentary and the U.K. is full of 9 year olds inside adult bodies.

Red sauce is a fairly standard accompaniment. Its not as alien as say standing to wipe 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, WhatAboutTheFinish said:

Look at the sample size and look at where the survey was done.

We'd get a more accurate idea on sauce or curry preference in the Bruce thread in On Topic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

I'm guessing the Muslim one isn't counting Turkish Cypriots.

I'd suggest they didn't ask, it's under Turkish control and Turkey isn't in the EU. The data appears to be EU only. They've just coloured the whole Island as the rest of the world aside from Turkey doesn't recognise the division of Cyprus

A music map.  Very cool for people wot like sound and stuff.

This is an ongoing attempt at an algorithmically-generated, readability-adjusted scatter-plot of the musical genre-space, based on data tracked and analyzed for 1,932 genres by Spotify. The calibration is fuzzy, but in general 'down' is more organic, 'up' is more mechanical and electric; 'left' is denser and more atmospheric, 'right' is spikier and bouncier.

Click anything to hear an example of what it sounds like.

Click the » on a genre to see a map of its artists.

Be calmly aware that this may periodically expand, contract or combust.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
44 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

How has freakin' Teaneck NJ got a stop and not Moab UT? 

1/10 WNB

I'd suggest that it is because Teaneck is the intersection of the I80 and the I95 so its place on the map is guaranteed, Moab on the other hand only has the 191 run through it

2 hours ago, bickster said:

I'd suggest that it is because Teaneck is the intersection of the I80 and the I95 so its place on the map is guaranteed, Moab on the other hand only has the 191 run through it

One is splendid, magnificent example of glorious nature. The other is an absolute shit-hole.

I-95 - causing immeasurable depression for decades.

• Haha 1

Â