Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Really cool one this. A map of all the ephemeral states that formed for a few minutes, weeks, months or years during the Russian Civil War:

40257187974_a5e318d549_o.png

Reads like a list of bands who might have once featured on a CD stuck to the cover of NME.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, bickster said:

A weeks work at the company I work for

DaFt9rgU8AAuiFx.jpg

Maps a bit small but that's approximately 220,000 jobs

Do you venture into Holmeswood?

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Do you venture into Holmeswood?

Possibly, more likely these days as we've recently gained a licence for West Lancs to add to our other 5. It one of our current expansion areas that we're concentrating on. It’s early days on that part of our expansion though. I’m still waiting on the West Lancs map to be put into our office base maps for example (someone cocked up then went on holiday and it wasn’t me)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I see some of the shipwrecks are on land. Something something Irish navigation something... 

Imagine a mystical land where you can float... on lakes and rivers <_<

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BOF said:

Our National Monuments Service has just launched an interactive map of every shipwreck in Irish waters.

a6f7bb607e80abd2f418b9f6ce72a044.png

interesting seeing all the Operation Deadlight wrecks mapped on there

some of those wrecks are on this prog on BBCiplayer if anyone is interested

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b025h06b/dive-wwii-our-secret-history-episode-2

20 hours ago, villakram said:

Imagine a mystical land where you can float... on lakes and rivers <_<

A sunken boat in a river doesn't qualfy as a 'shipwreck' in my book. 

Came across this in a novel I'm reading last night. Thought I'd post it here and hope it resonates with you as it did with me.

"Maps, contour maps and all maps, intrigue us for the metaphors that they are: tools to give us a sense of something whose truth is far richer but without which we would perceive nothing and never find our bearings. That’s what maps mysteriously do: They obliterate information to provide some information at all."

41ZSwAMGB2L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Like 1

A much bigger version of the work map I posted above.

its still missing some work in the North and beyond every edge of the Map. If you zoom in you start to see patterns of streets but the map may still be too small on this level to do that in the busier areas. And we cover 97% of that work within 10 minutes of booking

Â