Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

• 1 month later...

How far you can travel by train in 24 hours in Europe:

promo-image2.jpg

Turns out it's possible to reach Copenhagen, Warsaw, Naples and Lisbon within 24 hours from London, but not Cork:

london-map2.jpg

More here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/06/05/map-the-remarkable-distances-you-can-travel-on-a-european-train-in-less-than-a-day/?utm_term=.2b8ed62d8c51

• Like 2

I guess it's more art than map but I saw a full sized version of this for sale in a shop window in Carnaby Street earlier: 

09HRH6i.jpg 

rVyf3Fh.jpg 

5WWy7YW.jpg

It covers basically all of Zones 1 and 2 of that London.  I really kinda wanna buy it.  :wub:

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 3

On 05/12/2016 at 13:34, The_Rev said:

I guess it's more art than map but I saw a full sized version of this for sale in a shop window in Carnaby Street earlier: 

It covers basically all of Zones 1 and 2 of that London.  I really kinda wanna buy it.  :wub:

I never knew there was a distillery by the Oval , you learn something every day 

No Vauxhall tavern though , the second most famous icon that side of the river :D

Yeah, it's definitely a rough guide more than a map and if you know certain corners of the capital particularly well then it will drive you bonkers with little inaccuracies, they've got Abbey Road's zebra crossing directly west of Lords cricket ground for example when it's almost directly north.  It's so charming that I'm totally willing to overlook it. £130 for an A1 print (unframed) is a bit on the expensive side though.  Maybe if there's a January sale. :D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It looks like Most of Africa, the middle east and that bit with "istan" in it's names has a massive feud with Greenland!

Who'd win a fight between a seal and a lion? I'm gonna say the seal.

yes, I know, not really, and Greenland is Danish so white cross on red background would be etc..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

It looks like Most of Africa, the middle east and that bit with "istan" in it's names has a massive feud with Greenland!

Who'd win a fight between a seal and a lion? I'm gonna say the seal.

yes, I know, not really, and Greenland is Danish so white cross on red background would be etc..

Greenland has its own flag, which is quite a nice design IMO:

GreenlandFlag.jpg

The circle is the sun, which spends half of the year below the horizon and the other half reflected off the ice. Clever design. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BOF said:

It's annoying me that there's no data for Ireland.  I have a hunch who we'd go for but the curiosity is nagging at me,

Are you allowed to vote for yourself? ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Are you allowed to vote for yourself? ;)

Does "being a bad influence" count as "most dangerous" ?  Yeah I suppose it could do :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Â