The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I don't think it was that great an achievement keeping us up last season, the FA cup run papered over his shortcomings for me. If there's no tangible improvement in the next 2 months his position should be questioned.

The way we ended the season has me concerned

We seem to have picked up where we left off since then 

The system were using isn't working and a change is needed i'd go with below formation for a few games see how it pans out

Bacuna and Amavi providing the width and players that can actually cross a ball unlike players such as Hutton who know's Gestede might actually score a header if he gets decent service. 

200915134725.png

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

Maybe after the two RWC games next week, Tim should get his hands on some of those "TRY" cards that the supporters hold up when one is scored, then Villa fans could use them to send a message to our players if we get any more games like yesterday.

• Like 1

For me the ( huge ) level of criticism, panic, and concern, is unreasonable unfair and unwarranted.

Suddenly we are hearing that keeping us up wasn't much of an achievement, that we bought badly, that Amavi is a liability, that Gestede is useless, all on top of the recycled Spurs complaints of him being a " chancer" (?) and apparently being less tactically able than your average FM player.

Even worse the salvation is eitherAllerdyce or Moyes, or, for the next few weeks at least "a foreign manager" (the Bilic effect).

Only a matter of time before we suggest Curbishley as a safe pair of hands. ...

Sherwood deserved, and deserves, time, patience, and understanding. In my view the speed with which people have become so dissatisfied is the worst thing about the Club at the moment. 

This. I, too, am nervously watching the water seep into the hull, and hoping that bump in the night wasn't an iceberg. Tues. will be a big day, methinks. 

Edited by Plastic Man

Moyes is good, solid manager with a balanced tactical approach, positive youth policy and a reasonable strong scouting record. I'd welcome him with open arms if Sherwood proves to be a busted flush. 

Allardyce on the other hand...

• Like 1

If we lose aganst the Bloose on Tuesday, would it be unfair for fans to say they want him gone already. I know he needs time, but this is the premiership and if we don't start winning soon, we could be flapping in the bottom 3 already. Not the easiest of games coming up either.

What ive seen so far, I can only see us in the relegation zone by Christmas

• Like 1

We have played Bournemouth, Leicester, Crystal Palace, Sunderland and West Brom as well as home game against a bang average Man United side and we sit 4th bottom. After those fixtures that's unacceptable. He has wasted 20 million pounds on Gestede and Ayew and has absolutely no tactical awareness as the subs lat week and this week showed. 

It's only going to get worse with the fixtures coming up and I can't see anything but relegation if Tim stays in charge all season. As I said in the post March thread, we are not in a position as a club to have a trainee manager learning the ropes when we are sinking the way we are. Sherwood should have learnt his trade at a club like MK Dons or Brentford  not at Aston Villa. Selling Benteke and giving the money we got from the sale to a manager who had NEVER bought a player before is just madness.

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 2

If we lose aganst the Bloose on Tuesday, would it be unfair for fans to say they want him gone already. I know he needs time, but this is the premiership and if we don't start winning soon, we could be flapping in the bottom 3 already. Not the easiest of games coming up either.

Losing three derbies (if you can count Leicester) in a row would see one almighty backlash against Sherwood and the club in general, our confidence would also be at it's lowest since Sherwood joined, since the loss to Southampton and in the Cup Final.

Edited by VillanousOne

1 point from 4 against Sunderland, Palace, Leicester and WBA. Throwing points away on multiple occasions and having nobody who is going to score us the 10-15 goals that we need to stay up. Gabby Agbonlahor is our best striker. What is there to worry about?

• Like 1

Sorry not buying the 'he needs time' line.  I would if he had a plan or had implemented a real change in ethos and style of play which players were taking time to adapt to, or if we'd been unlucky etc, or if he were blooding a bunch of kids who needed to grow in confidence etc.  

Honestly what is going to change with time?  He's exhausted the 'new manager' jump in form last season.  He isn't learning or maturing from a tactical perspective.  He appears to be incredibly stubborn in terms of team selection and using his subs, the longer that goes on for the less chance there is of players outside the first XI ever make an impact as they become disillusioned.  Short of injuries our first XI and formation is becoming incredibly predictable, just too easy for well drilled teams to prepare against us.

I'm also not convinced by Richards as Captain either, though probably not many alternatives, but we are really lacking a Melberg, Laurson, even Taylor type player who can lift and drive the team.

I really just don't think he is cut out to be a manager full stop.  Good coach yes, but I'm starting to think players don't have enough respect for him and that is starting to show in their performances.  Time will tell no doubt, but really how much time do we give a guy with little over a years management experience given our desperate situation?

• Like 1

So much hyperbole on this forum imo. Understand the frustration and I'm really disappointed too, but I do think we have much more capable players now than we have had in a couple of seasons.

I cannot dispute that he messed up on strikers. I originally wanted Austin but the current lot is kinda baffling, specially when Ayew isn't really playing. But I really hate how there is not a singe inch of patience anymore. And I get why, I'm just sick of it.

Fed up of this tripe that is aston villa, fed up of reading the same **** on here.

• Like 1

I feel it would be unfair, yes, because in principle it's too early into the season. However if he does lose on Tuesday, then I don't see him ever really recovering from that with many of the fans. Even if they don't immediately turn on the back of the game, it will pave the ground for a crowd backlash if bad results continue over next couple of home games. 

So much hyperbole on this forum imo. Understand the frustration and I'm really disappointed too, but I do think we have much more capable players now than we have had in a couple of seasons.

I cannot dispute that he messed up on strikers. I originally wanted Austin but the current lot is kinda baffling, specially when Ayew isn't really playing. But I really hate how there is not a singe inch of patience anymore. And I get why, I'm just sick of it.

Fed up of this tripe that is aston villa, fed up of reading the same **** on here.

Why is it hyperbole? We've won 1 in 6, lost points against teams because the manager made mistakes. How and why is it hyperbole to be unhappy with that? I'd suggest your post is hyperbole. This is a results game.

Why is it hyperbole? We've won 1 in 6, lost points against teams because the manager made mistakes. How and why is it hyperbole to be unhappy with that? I'd suggest your post is hyperbole. This is a results game.

Exactly. We're currently on relegation form and are now heading into the most difficult period of fixtures of the whole season. I mean, I wish I could share the sanguine attitudes of some on here, but I can't, I am worried. 

• Like 1

Â