The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I am surprised at some on here who stuck up for Lambert on the grounds that the problem lies with Lerner and yet now scream for Sherwood out. Surely the problem remains whilst there is no change at  the top .  

Lambert fought an uphill battle in his time here, Sherwood has been given the opportunity to spend big on fees and wages and in turn doesn't get much sympathy as well as him making basic errors game after game and talking complete bollox.

Sherwood has an 8 ill net spend.  I am also intrigued as to how he has he spent big on wages. I would bet my house that the wage bill has been lowered over the summer. Given, Benteke, Delph, Vlaar, Weimann, Lowton, Cleverley  and the fringe players we have either let go or loaned out would have been on way more combined than the players we have signed.

I got to lay my cards on the table now and say if I woke up tomorrow and found out Sherwood had been sacked I would not be devastated. I would though believe that he hadn't been given a fair crack of the whip with his own squad as 7 league games, 9 if you included the 2 cup wins, is nowhere near enough time to judge him.

Net spend doesn't cut it for me, he spent £50m whatever way you wanna look at it and has been in a much better position to offer much better wages. When's the last time one of our managers spent £50m in one transfer window? Spending that much brings added pressure and Sherwood already looks affected by how things have being going so far this season. He deserves more time but it's hard to be convinced that he will turn it round when he makes such basic errors.

Yeah, the net-spend argument amounts to very little when you consider that it basically boils down to just two outgoings. For example, the gravity of Spurs' £100m spend in 2013 cannot be downplayed on the basis it was mostly mitigated by the Bale cash. It was nonetheless £100m and a huge opportunity for the club - one that they royally pissed down the drain I might add. Same with us, Benteke's spectacular success enabled us to amass a transfer budget from his departure that we otherwise would never have had. There are no excuses.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2

He's just not very good, is he?

No, not very.  But I don't think it's quite that simple. Sometimes it's a matter of timing, just like any serious relationship.

And sometimes it's a matter of appointing completely the wrong man

We just look unorganized with out a system and Tim is reactive we let Liverpool come at us.Back four is a laughing stock school boys and persist with the same players.He didn't replace two positions we needed bad a rb and a goalie to.

We just look unorganized with out a system and Tim is reactive we let Liverpool come at us.Back four is a laughing stock school boys and persist with the same players.He didn't replace two positions we needed bad a rb and a goalie to.

said all through the summer thar we desperate for a rb and that we need to replace Guzan. 

Got slatered for it

If he went, do you think Klopp is a potential replacement? Or am I kidding myself? Didnt he say something along the lines of not having to go to the top club straight away?

This is the most delusional thing I've read on here since someone agreed with Tim sherwood that jack grealish is worth over 60m.........give you credit tho. You kinda knew it's crazy talk. 

If he went, do you think Klopp is a potential replacement? Or am I kidding myself? Didnt he say something along the lines of not having to go to the top club straight away?

This is the most delusional thing I've read on here since someone agreed with Tim sherwood that jack grealish is worth over 60m.........give you credit tho. You kinda knew it's crazy talk. 

Na I've seen worse. Like Liverpool is a not a step up from us and that we could finish above Spurs this season.

Edited by Arj Guy
  • Like 1

When we win its all about him.

When we don't it's down to the players.

That seems to be the general theme to his post match comments.

Good managers often aren't at their best when dealing with the press:

Ferguson's fall-outs with the media are legendary, but the lifting of this ban has shocked even his colleagues, particularly as there has been no apology at any point of the complex, tortuous process. It culminated in the BBC's director general, Mark Thompson, travelling to Manchester to meet Ferguson face to face and hear his grievances about the 2004 documentary, Father and Son, about him and his son Jason, then working as a football agent, which had led to Ferguson severing contact.

• Like 1

Â