The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It's been 5 consecutive years of utter shit, record breaking lows and struggling to stay in the league. To completely change that in 6 games is probably unfair to ask and expect. 

This is why there is so little patience. Obviously given Lerners record with managers Sherwood will be given time but for one I am fed up of the "jam tomorrow" promise. Week after Week, Month after Month, Season after Season it is the same shit, leaving VP thinking when is this crap cycle going to end! I think he has brought in some players with potential but I am not confident that as a manager he has much of a clue. It is still too early to talk about relegation but my hopes of 10-12th now look forlorn given our performances so far. 1 point from Sunderland, Leicester and WBA is ****** joke. I think even Lambert would have done better than that.

• Like 2

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/20/real-sociedad-espanyol-la-liga-match-report

Moyes struggling in Spain. I'd take him if he becomes available and Sherwood can't improve. 

All day long. If I were Fox i'd put him on the payroll now get ready for Christmas. Sherwood won't last here, the jobs to difficult.

• Like 1

Some very strange decisions yesterday I have to admit.

WBA were always going to sit deep, and when we had the ball their back four were almost on their own 18 yard line, So to play Gabby ahead of Gestede was a strange tactical decision.

I also felt Gil and Grealish were too far away from eachother, they only crossed paths a handful of times after Sincalir went off and Gil was pushed wider, they were at opposite wings. Didnt make sense as we need on in centre and one out wide so they can interact with each other.

I think when we all watch games, no matter how good we are, we all see passes that we would like to play, whether its a cute round the back pass, a chipped ball over the top or a through ball.

i think the most damning thing I can say yesterday was watching it, when Gil and Grealish had the ball at their feet, even my brain, with dreams of being the new improved paul scholes, couldnt even see an option other than 5 yards either side. The movement of Gabby and gestede was a disgrace. Gabby just didnt look interested

• Like 2

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/20/real-sociedad-espanyol-la-liga-match-report

Moyes struggling in Spain. I'd take him if he becomes available and Sherwood can't improve. 

All day long. If I were Fox i'd put him on the payroll now get ready for Christmas. Sherwood won't last here, the jobs to difficult.

No to Moyes, he mumbles worse than Paul Lambert..

Murat Yakin is available after leaving Spartak last season and did well with Basel in past. He is 41 and would love to see us go the continental manager route that other teams have done such as West Ham and Southampton..

No more British manager's, let's try something a little bit different if Sherwood walks or is sacked.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

It's been 5 consecutive years of utter shit, record breaking lows and struggling to stay in the league. To completely change that in 6 games is probably unfair to ask and expect. 

This is why there is so little patience. Obviously given Lerners record with managers Sherwood will be given time but for one I am fed up of the "jam tomorrow" promise. Week after Week, Month after Month, Season after Season it is the same shit, leaving VP thinking when is this crap cycle going to end! I think he has brought in some players with potential but I am not confident that as a manager he has much of a clue. It is still too early to talk about relegation but my hopes of 10-12th now look forlorn given our performances so far. 1 point from Sunderland, Leicester and WBA is ****** joke. I think even Lambert would have done better than that.

we'd be in the championship worrying about our future if Lambert was still here. We're still recovering from his 3 year disaster. Sherwood has to do better but the main reason we've got that chance to do better is that he came in and saved us last season. That doesn't give him free reign to get away with being shit, but I feel it does mean he gets chance to see if all the changes he's made in such a short period can grow into finally a positive movement for the club. 

He really needs to stop churning out the "we are a team in transition" excuse. It's bollocks. Watford bought 15 players, Bournemouth aswell and they are doing just fine.

its an easy go to excuse when we play shit and he can't hide behind it. He will though coz he's arrogant and will never publicly admit an error.

• Like 2

He really needs to stop churning out the "we are a team in transition" excuse. It's bollocks. Watford bought 15 players, Bournemouth aswell and they are doing just fine.

its an easy go to excuse when we play shit and he can't hide behind it. He will though coz he's arrogant and will never publicly admit an error.

i'm sure you can see the difference. Both clubs adding lots of players to squads that have performed well and gained promotion. Look at the players that scored for both clubs yesterday, existing players at the club while its mainly our existing players that are letting us down. We started with 8 existing players yesterday, as the season goes on we will see our starting 11 have more and more Sherwood signings in there. 

Edited by DCJonah

It's true that we are in a 'transition', but the way we've been throwing games away has been disgraceful and being in a transition doesn't excuse or even explain results such as Sunderland at home and being 2-0 up away to Leicester and throwing it all away.

Poor management has stifled us this season, it's as simple as that.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

This is what we need to be asking ourselves. If Watford, Norwich and Bournemouth are doing ok, why with our Premiership experience aren't we. I think yet again like under Lambert it is far to easy to play under Sherwood. I worry a Sherwood bollocking wears off pretty quick, an no one really respects him as they should. As I said we need a experienced manager this team can look up to. I do think its the only place we are still going wrong. I mean McLeish, Lambert, now Sherwood are hardly inspiring managers are they. As much as I didn't rate O'Neil, he certainly knew how to get a average team to graft, an dish out a bollocking when it was needed.

Would absolutely bite your hand off for Moyes right now.

Same. Then after after he manages to keep us up, I'm going to want him out the door after 6 games of the next season.

• Like 1

I don't think it was that great an achievement keeping us up last season, the FA cup run papered over his shortcomings for me. If there's no tangible improvement in the next 2 months his position should be questioned.

• Like 1

I would not consider myself to be particularly knowledgeable about football, but when I saw the starting line up I said in the match thread that I did not like the idea of those 2 midfielders with three defensively lightweight players behind the striker. It really seemed to me to be a poor choice. To me, we needed 3 midfielders and 2 creators behind the striker.

I do support Sherwood and think we have to give him time, but he has cost us the last 2 games, and his public utterances seem to indicate that he does not take any blame.

Â