The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

It was naive by the board to give such a inexperinced manager the job of rebuilding a failing premiership football team. We needed experience, as in Raneri, that guy at West Ham or yes, even Allerdyce. Its like giving a maths teacher the job as the new RBS chairman. To rebuild Villa is a huge job and to think sherwood could turn us into a midtable team within a season is insane. We will struggle to stay up this season, Sherwood is so naive its unreal. He cannot motivate this team.

To me he seems like the guy who shouts his mouth off, threatens to bang you out, then gets hit once and he is out cold. He is not big enough for us and we will suffer.

• Like 3

Sherwoods not the problem at our club .

the question isn't who's the problem, it's what the solution. I'm not sure sherwood is the answer. Constantly fighting fires and just avoiding relegation needs to stop. What is the solution to that?

Why isn't Sherwood the problem? What is more of a problem right now for a struggling team than an inexperienced manager making (repeating) mistakes that are costing points? I want the bloke to do well but he was a massive gamble when we signed him and let's be honest, he's not doing particularly well right now.

Sherwood has to take responsibility of course but ultimately the direction and leadership comes from the top e.g. the owner and that has been a major handicap for us since August 2010 and when the cutbacks and bonkers managerial appointments started happening a year later.

We will not be or even attempt to be a major premier league force until there is a change of ownership....that's even if we're still in the division when it eventually happens which I'm not sure of.

• Like 1

We'll never be in that position again

i want to get rid of the losers

massive squad overall , loads left and we're still in that position. 

Too early to to fire him,  needs a chance to get a winning squad . Needs to rapidly work out his best team , as I said previously and was criticised for,  needs to take advice of Wilkins , as I said during the notts county game and was criticised , needs to start getting results .  For me the cup final was a worry but as he changed the squad I hoped we'd improve but we haven't yet.

under Lambert he was at fault for not picking grealish ,  under sherwood he has to pick the best goalscorer at the club in kozak . He persists not to pick him and sherwoods time will run out

• Like 2

Genuine question.

Can anyone see what we are even trying to do in terms of style? What sort of identity Sherwood is trying to create?

I can't, if the 'up and at em' approach is all he's got then we are in trouble because it looks like the players have already grown bored of that.

Don't think he has a clue either. I'm not sure he has any sort of nous in setting up a team properly. I'm actually not sure what the shape is let alone the style.

I'm afraid he was again "Tactics Tim"

I'll say it again, he was what we needed at the end of last season but long term huge question marks over him as a manager.

• Like 1

Would anyone have seem the diffrence today if Lambert was still managing this squad. No goal threat, weak midfield, hardly anyone motivated to get that goal back, an win the game.

If Lambert were still in charge, we would have just played -- and lost to -- the likes of Wolves, SHA, Hoops, Burnley, etc etc.

Edited by Plastic Man

We'll never be in that position again

i want to get rid of the losers

massive squad overall , loads left and we're still in that position. 

Too early to to fire him,  needs a chance to get a winning squad . Needs to rapidly work out his best team , as I said previously and was criticised for,  needs to take advice of Wilkins , as I said during the notts county game and was criticised , needs to start getting results .  For me the cup final was a worry but as he changed the squad I hoped we'd improve but we haven't yet.

under Lambert he was at fault for not picking grealish ,  under sherwood he has to pick the best goalscorer at the club in kozak . He persists not to pick him and sherwoods time will run out

Kozak isn't the answer. He's shite too

Would anyone have seem the diffrence today if Lambert was still managing this squad. No goal threat, weak midfield, hardly anyone motivated to get that goal back, an win the game.

Well the only difference would have been we would not have been playing West Brom today, we would be currently propping up the championship table after getting relegated finishing our worst ever top flight season for goals and points!

Sherwood needs to start making impact subs not sit on his hands for 80 minutes then throw someone on expecting them to make an impact! Even Stevie Wonder would have seen what the problem was today!

I know I may be one of the few still defending him right now, but everybody needs to relax. It is still early, I know the points aren't there but apart from today the performances in general have been good and are certainly improving. If we are still in this position at Christmas, I'll start to worry. But the season has barely begun and there is plenty of time to put points on the board. Teams get out of it with a few weeks to go, we have over 30 games to climb. I know it's not been great but the signs of a good team are there, give it time and you'll see.

At the moment kozak is the best striker at the club

He's certainly being made to look better by the failure of others, still not sure if that will translate into him being good enough to turn our fortunes around. 

I know I may be one of the few still defending him right now, but everybody needs to relax. It is still early, I know the points aren't there but apart from today the performances in general have been good and are certainly improving. If we are still in this position at Christmas, I'll start to worry. But the season has barely begun and there is plenty of time to put points on the board. Teams get out of it with a few weeks to go, we have over 30 games to climb. I know it's not been great but the signs of a good team are there, give it time and you'll see.

I hope you're right. Not sure what signs you're talking about because I haven't seen anything that makes me think we will progress this season

Why isn't Sherwood the problem? What is more of a problem right now for a struggling team than an inexperienced manager making (repeating) mistakes that are costing points? I want the bloke to do well but he was a massive gamble when we signed him and let's be honest, he's not doing particularly well right now.

THIS.

On the broader issue, we need to get out of the mindset that a failing manager should be allowed years on the job to flounder around before we can even contemplate changing him. By the time he was forced out, Lambert was the second-longest serving manager in the league. It was absurd. We shouldn't plough on, denying Sherwood is an issue even though he makes the same errors over and over again, out of some misplaced sense of loyalty. I'd be happy with him going today, but allowing for the fact that obviously isn't going to happen, he needs to very rapidly raise his and our game. He absolutely is part of the problem at the club, a large part. 

• Like 2

It was naive by the board to give such a inexperinced manager the job of rebuilding a failing premiership football team. We needed experience, as in Raneri, that guy at West Ham or yes, even Allerdyce. Its like giving a maths teacher the job as the new RBS chairman. To rebuild Villa is a huge job and to think sherwood could turn us into a midtable team within a season is insane. We will struggle to stay up this season, Sherwood is so naive its unreal. He cannot motivate this team.

To me he seems like the guy who shouts his mouth off, threatens to bang you out, then gets hit once and he is out cold. He is not big enough for us and we will suffer.

That's an insult to maths teachers;-) You don't need to know what you're doing to head a bank, you just need to be a sociopath. 

Forthcoming fixtures:

liv STO che SWA tot MCI eve

Then we have a home match against Watford, and then it's December. It's difficult to see the desperate side who played today getting much out of those fixtures. It's a massive test, I guess we'll see whether Sherwood has the ability to turn these players around, mentally as much as anything. 

Â