The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Wow is sherwood that old? Looks very good for his age

Cheeky!

46 is not "that old" fyi.

My numbers are the other way round and I'm not "that old" either.

Join the club, Briny

Other than Villa and some Spurs fans, why is the hate for this guy?

I could accept the hating alone but why is he really underrated from other fans ?

Many people hate mourinho yet they know hes one of the best out there.

Tbh he did a fantastic job for us either last season or during the summer. Ok he had couple of mistakes which even great managers do it. Yet many other fans dont look at that.

Other than Villa and some Spurs fans, why is the hate for this guy?

I could accept the hating alone but why is he really underrated from other fans ?

Many people hate mourinho yet they know hes one of the best out there.

Tbh he did a fantastic job for us either last season or during the summer. Ok he had couple of mistakes which even great managers do it. Yet many other fans dont look at that.

Its still far too early to decide whether hes "under rated or not". Or decide whether hes a good or bad manager. Got to at least give him 1 full season, even then isnt enough...2/3+ to rate somebody as good or bad manager. (note lambert was one the best up'n'coming managers in football, look how that turned out after 2/3+ seasons)

The dislike for him is obviously his persona. Not his managerial abilities.

Youre probably doing just what theyre doing but instead of under rating, possibly over rating (again its currently an unknown so pointless)

Edited by gharperr

"Interesting press conference today. The Adebayor rumours once again get scotched, there's nothing doing there. Grealish and Carles Gil are both available for the Palace game.

"But today Tim Sherwood was playing down expectations around Adama Traore. He signed for £7m but the Villa boss says he's a 'development project' - not really one for this season. I must admit I thought he'd be playing at some stage but Sherwood today said 'I don't want people to think he's the saviour of Aston Villa' 

Tim Sherwood has shared his thoughts ahead of his team's visit to Crystal Palace on Saturday. Here's what he had to say...

On selections:  "We're pretty healthy at the moment. Carles Gil and Jack Grealish came through an U21s game on Monday. [Jores] Okore and [Jose Angel] Crespo won't be fit. A few need some more training sessions. Adama Traore is fit. Hopefully we'll see him at some stage this season."

On transfers:  "The average age of our signings this summer is 23. We're building for the future." 

On Crystal Palace: "They are an established Premier League side. In the second half of last season they were brilliant. They have a lot of pace on the counter-attack."

off the BBC rolling sport page thingy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/33590110

• Like 1

After watching the Palace press conference, it makes me very happy to hear Sherwood call Grealish and Gil 'two of the most creative players at the club'.

Obviously, we all know it's true, but to hear Sherwood say it, gives me hope we're going to see Mr Heel feature this season, and be a big part of our side.

• Like 3

Very big game today for us, and for Tim as well. Both of our performances so far this season have been slightly underwhelming, but they show we look solid and the Bournemouth result was good.

If we can put in a decent performance and get a good result today, I think it sets us up for the next few games, and 6 points from 9 looks quite healthy. If we lose and play badly, 3 points from 9 doesn't look great, our young team will have lost 2 games in a row and it might just knock our confidence a bit.

Feeling nervous on a Saturday again - all of the apathy has gone!

Probably one of those games where, for Sherwood, the performance might be more important to him (not the team obviously)than the result. As far as the fans perception of him and where we feel we are anyway. 

Edited by VILLAMARV

Sherwood has to take serious credit for our organisation. We actually look solid at the back and best we have looked defensively since probably MON. 

*dont count Eck as putting 11 men behind the ball isnt organisation :P)

He needs to be a little better than this. Sanchez off was not a great move when you have 2 strikers in Gabby an Gestede doing next to F*** all.

One positive is im hoping he knows now we are 1 or 2 signings away from a midtable finish.

As much as i'm one of sherwood's biggest fans he deserves to be slammed today

Continues to pick Agbonlahor

Makes subs too late doesn't respond to their changes or try to take the sting out of the game

Not too worried about Sherwood but that has knocked some optimism for the season out of me.

Second half was a Lambert performance and we look awful upfront. Gestede and gabby as your front 2 has relegation all over it.

Â