The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

For someone with no transfer window experience he has done a pretty spunktacular job!

To think some where worried, pffft...

Edited by jim

Attitude and mindset comes from many folk buying in to a culture....Many posters on here were talking about having a "blue print" for the future.

The idea was fine but we didn't have the personnel to implement it Fox, Sherwood, Wilkins are the type of people to do it and are the type of people to employ the type of people to do it.

Nothing in Football is set in tablets of stone and there will always be set backs, but every cloud has a silver lining when you have positive/knowledgeable people making the decisions.

No disrespect, but we only need Randy as the Banker.....judging by the opportunities that lie ahead, He might be for once, a Happy Banker.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

I think people were within their right to be worried. I didn't think he'd go for purely English players but I never expected him to do what he's done.

So exciting to be a villa fan right now. Just hope it doesn't take 4 months for the players to gel.

I hope I am not talking to soon....but he does seem to be putting some store in to the "character" of the players, which is encouraging.

Talent is one thing....application is another.

No one loves to see English players playing for us more than me.....but way before that, I want to see quality on the pitch.

Judging by what I see playing for England.....I endorse Tim Sherwood's attraction of buying in Europe.

In terms of ball control alone.....They seem to be more comfortable with the football.....Despite the obsession with pace( which is important too)I have always taken the view if you can't control the football and pass it accurately....The team is going nowhere.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

No one loves to see English players playing for us more than me.....but way before that, I want to see quality on the pitch.

Judging by what I see playing for England.....I endorse Tim Sherwood's attraction of buying in Europe.

In terms of ball control alone.....They seem to be more comfortable with the football.....Despite the obsession with pace( which is important too)I have always taken the view if you can't control the football and pass it accurately....The team is going nowhere.

This aint a myth either is it. My better half used to work for a company taking groups of kids over to train at clubs on the continent. Groups of kids aged 12-15 from the UK used to play kids up to 5 years younger and still get absolutely trounced. No technical ability at all.

This aint a myth either is it. My better half used to work for a company taking groups of kids over to train at clubs on the continent. Groups of kids aged 12-15 from the UK used to play kids up to 5 years younger and still get absolutely trounced. No technical ability at all.

Marv, I have watched technical ability drain out of the English prospects and we wonder why we are all buying so much foreign talent.

At home we seem to be looking for Usain Bolts with boots on.

Best window ever was Summer 1980 when we bought an lumbering center forward for 500,000 (Club Record at the Time).

The New Number 9 failed to score in his first ten games but became the player that inspired a team that finished 7th in the league to winning it.  Following that he scored the decisive goal to enable Villa to become champions of Europe.

If any of these players inspire that I will be very happy.

• Like 2

Marv, I have watched technical ability drain out of the English prospects and we wonder why we are all buying so much foreign talent.

At home we seem to be looking for Usain Bolts with boots on.

Totally, that's why we've got Gabby right? Also, cue someone finding the Hutton keepie ups when he signed for Majorca. (no really, please do it sums it up in seconds). Good players like that will always be useful. Who doesn't want an on-form michael owen in their ranks? If anyone knew why we as a nation can't churn out players like Wilshire then I suppose you'd be running the FA youth set up

I loved the thing someone said on the Westwood thread about him having marshmallows for feet. If only that was the minimum standard.

We as a nation really need to learn to caress the ball as a thing of beauty before we learn to kick it away far away to being as far away as possible. We are that John Smiths advert. Its funny in an advert. Not so funny when the knockout stages of any major international tournament come around though is it?

• Like 1

I have always had the belief that Managers have a moment at a club and in some cases find it hard to replicate it else where,like Ron Saunders.

They can sometimes leave all that energy and commitment behind them

Mourinho is an exception, but he has had clubs other than Porto with oodles of Money to make his Mark.

I believe Tim Sherwood will have his Moment with us baring politics, which can always change things.

Â