The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

People seem to have these concerns based on nothing but their negative thoughts about Sherwood.

Before he signed some were concerned he'd be awful and take us down.

Then when we survived some were concerned he'd sign expensive English players or spurs rejects and waste the benteke money.

I'm just happy to have faith in him at the moment. He's proving people wrong all the time.

• Like 4

This will be Sherwoods 3rd squad he is trying to get to gel. I think he has been hugely successful with the first two and only hope he can do the same with what is certainly "his" squad.

This will be Sherwoods 3rd squad he is trying to get to gel. I think he has been hugely successful with the first two and only hope he can do the same with what is certainly "his" squad.

Not understanding ?

He's done half a season with spurs and half with us - how on earth he is trying to gel his'3rd Squad' ?

We look set to concede more than last season

We look set not to score as many.

I really wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by Christmas.

Literally don't understand how you've come to that conclusion.  :blink:

Edited by sexbelowsound

Are you serious? why do you think we look set not to score as many, I can understand the conceding part but if anything the squad smacks of being set up to attack and outscore the opposition. With CB we were 1 dimensional, now we look as though we have alot of players with the ability to score.

Are you serious? why do you think we look set not to score as many, I can understand the conceding part but if anything the squad smacks of being set up to attack and outscore the opposition. With CB we were 1 dimensional, now we look as though we have alot of players with the ability to score.

Yeah Damm Benteke with his one dimensional goals.

Proven goal scorers don't grow on tree's - it really isn't as simple as buying 3 or 4 and hoping by the law of averages one of them comes good. - Lets wait and see....

Last season we scored the lowest amount of goals in the entire history of the football club. Think about that, over 100 years of football and last year saw the least amount of goals scored. And you think it will be worse? Good one.

• Like 4

Agreed goal scorers do not grow on trees, there are not many teams in the prem with one of these. hopefully though other players will contribute towards the goals. we had a midfield of Delph, Cleverley, Bacuna, Westwood last year who did not really contribute on the goal front. Hopefully the new guys will score more than these did.

I think we'll score a lot more under sherwood than we did under lambert.

Particularly because, unlike Lambert last season, he seems to have the revolutionary thought that forwards and midfielders should venture into the opposition half and shoot at goal.

• Like 2

I'm fairly confident that we'll score .ore goals than last season, and I believe we'll have a single higher league goal scorer than our highest goal scorer of last season on a mere 13 goals.

I'm only worried about how many goals we'll concede.

I'm fairly confident that we'll score .ore goals than last season, and I believe we'll have a single higher league goal scorer than our highest goal scorer of last season on a mere 13 goals.

I'm only worried about how many goals we'll concede.

I agree with that. The defence is still a concern at the moment. My hope is that as the season goes on with a settled unit at the back, the understanding will improve and we will become harder to score against. I would still like a new GK and CD though, get those positions filled and I will be a lot more confident going forward.

Proven goal scorers don't grow on tree's - it really isn't as simple as buying 3 or 4 and hoping by the law of averages one of them comes good. - Lets wait and see....

Last season there were two entire calendar months when we didn't score a goal, if I remember correctly. As DCJonah says, we got our lowest total in 100 years. 

Of course Benteke is a great striker, but there were nine other teams in the bottom half, and of those, 8 scored more than we did. Leicester's best striker is/was Ulloa - is he as good as Benteke? No. Did that stop them scoring more than us? No. Having a brilliant striker is only one way to score goals - another is to share them around the team. We'll do that this year. 

• Like 1

Last season there were two entire calendar months when we didn't score a goal, if I remember correctly. As DCJonah says, we got our lowest total in 100 years.

Of course Benteke is a great striker, but there were nine other teams in the bottom half, and of those, 8 scored more than we did. Leicester's best striker is/was Ulloa - is he as good as Benteke? No. Did that stop them scoring more than us? No. Having a brilliant striker is only one way to score goals - another is to share them around the team. We'll do that this year.

The context of our "top scorer" really puts this into perspective. 13 gosls, including a penalty. Poor form.*

* edit. Poor "team" form and league goals only

Edited by Neil

Set to not score as many? Yeah, no. Sherwood being the manager for the whole season means we'll have more goals. Do you remember the first 2/3 of last season?

We'll definitely finish higher than last season. Not a single doubt in my mind. It won't be much higher, but it'll be higher. And the season after will be higher still.

But it might be much higher. Nobody has any idea. It might be so much higher that we lose four players to bigger clubs. Or it might just be somewhere broadly mid-table of course.

Â