The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

realistic targets for the season

Position 12th

Wins : 12

Goals : 50

and most of all make us a team that counts instead of being that team that makes up the numbers

My expectations are a little lower, at least if we are talking about PL only.

40+ goals would represent good progress given the radical changes we've had to make. 

50+ would be remarkable, but who knows what the Sherwood revolution will bring....

Edit: It's not that I don't want them to get 50 I just can't see where they would come from unless Ayew and another striker have an amazing season....

Edited by Gary Thomas

I'm a little concerned that Sherwood isn't even doing any AVTV interviews.

I understand not wanting to talk to actual press, because they will just ask questions about Delph and Benteke, but surely you would still say a few words in a fluffy AVTV interview, about pre-season games/ fitness etc?

I'm wondering if there's something else that we don't know about, that's annoyed Sherwood. Lack of funds from Randy maybe? Or maybe he's annoyed at the way the press sold Benteke to Liverpool before the fees had been agreed, and is making a stand?

Or maybe he just gets on with it and has no time to **** about while he is giving us one of the most exciting summers since I can remember?
I wouldn't class a quick 3 minute interview as '****ing about'.

Lack of funds? Jeez we are spending not enough in many eyes but we are spending and building a team. More to come or has someone got itk that it's finished?

I'm just guessing, I'm not saying I think there's a lack of funds, but currently we've made over £40m on player sales and spent around £18m (soon to be approx. £27m), so we're not exactly splashing the cash yet.

Sherwood just does his thing. We just have to accept that.

Does he though? IIRC, he did a post-match AVTV interview after all of the games he managed last season. I thought he also did a post-match interview after the first one or two preseason games this season.

No-one expects anything groundbreaking in these AVTV interviews, but it definitely feels, to me, like he's put up a wall of silence since the Delph transfer. If it's just because of the Benteke and Delph sales, then fine, but I'm hoping it's not because he's not getting the support from the club in the window that he initially anticipated.

Position 12th

and most of all make us a team that counts instead of being that team that makes up the numbers

40+ goals would represent good progress given the radical changes we've had to make. 

50+ would be remarkable, but who knows what the Sherwood revolution will bring....

Edit: It's not that I don't want them to get 50 I just can't see where they would come from unless Ayew and another striker have an amazing season....

on the goals I said 50 as mainly relying on how Sherwood sets up hiis teams to go and attack so I expect a few more goals from midfield. We had 1 before he came in and then Cleverley hit a little run and Sanchez got a goal so I think over a full season I would hope the midfield could contribute at least 10 goals and maybe 5 or 6 from defence

Position 12th

on the goals I said 50 as mainly relying on how Sherwood sets up hiis teams to go and attack so I expect a few more goals from midfield. We had 1 before he came in and then Cleverley hit a little run and Sanchez got a goal so I think over a full season I would hope the midfield could contribute at least 10 goals and maybe 5 or 6 from defence

I don't think 50 is beyond the realms of possibility. Sherwood was more attacking than Lambert as you say.

If say main strikers got 12 each, with gabby and Kozak adding 5 each. Gil, Jack and new AM 2/3 each. Corners looked to be put in with more pace, and Richards attacks the ball well. Clark when first in team scored from a few set pieces as well. So I'd expect those two to get 2/3 each. Then you have amavi and the other cms chipping in as well.

I don't think 50 is beyond the realms of possibility. Sherwood was more attacking than Lambert as you say.

If say main strikers got 12 each, with gabby and Kozak adding 5 each. Gil, Jack and new AM 2/3 each. Corners looked to be put in with more pace, and Richards attacks the ball well. Clark when first in team scored from a few set pieces as well. So I'd expect those two to get 2/3 each. Then you have amavi and the other cms chipping in as well.

Ha, Gabby wont score 5!

Edited by thunderball

Position 12th

Funnily enough I estimated the same (midfield 10, defence 6) when trying to work out where the goals would come from so totally agree. I guess it all depends if the forwards can get upwards of 30 goals between them.  With all the talk about more new players i am growing more hopeful I must admit.  

Edited by Gary Thomas

Delighted with what Tim has done this summer. It frustrates me though, if only Lerner hadn't have been so stubborn and brought football people in from day one, and put a sustainable plan in place. I believe we'd be fighting for the 4-6 positions today.

Better late than never?

Â