The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Has to be said that given the upturn in form from those at the bottom, we surely wouldn't have made it under Lambert. Right in the nick of time, and thank god we lost to Hull, instead of grinding out a draw.

• Like 2

I had my doubts, then I loved him, then today's result happened and I was sad but now I'm happy again.

I'm still a little cautious going forward but for now let's just enjoy it. He has tried to bring a feel good factor back and has (just about) succeeded.

Thanks Tim.

I had my doubts, then I loved him, then today's result happened and I was sad but now I'm happy again.

I'm still a little cautious going forward but for now let's just enjoy it. He has tried to bring a feel good factor back and has (just about) succeeded.

Thanks Tim.

I think he's really succeeded in bringing a feel good factor back.

• Like 1

The club was on its knees when he came in and even after his first couple of league games it looked like we were sliding towards the exit. Despite today he's done such an incredible jobs these past few months to keep us up (with the teams around us winning a lot) AND getting us to the FA Cup final. Not only that but we're actually playing some really good football as well.

• Like 3

​Well done, Tim! 

You did what you were brought in to do (safety) and some (FA Cup Final, Nice football). 

The only thing that concerns me is the rumoured transfer targets but I'll wait and see.

Got it wrong and surely even after 10 minutes there needed to be instructions to defend a bit deeper. Before they scored they got in plenty of times.

But he's got us safe, shit day but hopefully put it behind us and enjoy the next few weeks.

A bad start to the day but its turned out alright!

Tim has done his job and kept us up - a job which many people didn't think he would be capable of.

Ignoring today's result and performance, he's given the club a new enthusiasm and vigour, and he's made us more entertaining to watch.

He's also improved the form at Villa Park, and that was massively important.

A win against Burnley will give us some confidence for the cup final, and we go into that game with no expectation, as we did against Liverpool.

His big decision now is Given or Guzan.

• Like 1

he got it wrong today no question but he's kept us up and we are playing some excellent football.bringing through the youngsters and brought optimism back and pride.as has been said if lambert would have stayed we'd be down no doubt.thanks tim.i've no doubt he'll learn from today.

• Like 1

Credit to Tim Sherwood. Standing in the gods at Newcastle at the final whistle in our 7th loss in a row I had no hope. To be safe before the last day is a fantastic achievement. Work has to be done during the summer, as shown by today, and if it is I feel confident about getting a top ten finish next season under Sherwood

I'm still weighing him up but it's undeniable he's tipping towards the 'pro' rather than con side;

Pro's;

He's kept us up, that swings it wildly in his favour!

Plays good football

Got poor performing players playing better

Interesting press conferences

Faith in youth

Cons;

Still tactically naive, will get heavily smashed with gungho approach

Rates Richardson

Doesn't rate Gil

The Given/ Guzan thing feels like a mates decision rather than a team one

However, win the FA Cup and I'll not care if he loses every game afterwards!

Cons;

Still tactically naive, will get heavily smashed with gungho approach

Rates Richardson

Doesn't rate Gil

The Given/ Guzan thing feels like a mates decision rather than a team one

Tactically naive because of today? What about the games we've won and dominated? Do those tactics get ignored?

• Like 2

I'd much rather Tim learns a lesson about our squad today rather than to learn it at the FA Cup final.

Hopefully we will play with a little more caution against Arsenal.

They can't be parked 40 yards up the field that is for certain. We tried that at the Emirates aswell and look what happened there.

I have no problem with the back 4 high up the pitch in home games but away we got battered doing that and it would happen at Wembley.

The defence need to be on the edge of the penalty area and the midfield close infront of them otherwise Arsenal will play between the lines. That will mean we'll be more defensive but so be it, we'll still get chances on the counter attack when Arsenal pour forward.

One thing that worries me is that he might be a bit Redknappesque in the transfer market, going by some of the names we've been linked with and the way Given has been chosen over Guzan and the talk of offering Bent a new deal.

Â