The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He's been wonderful, a breath of fresh air, turned the club around and given us our Villa back.

Today is tactically the worst performance from a manager I've ever seen at any level of football. Set the team up badly, watch it obviously not work, don't change it, concede five. He has to carry responsibility for this one. 

Agree with this, and i'm sad to say it.

A lot of hard work needed from all.

You don't sub a defender after a mistake. OK, two mistakes. What he should have done, and may well have done for all we know, is bark orders for the back four to drop deeper and stop conceding space. The fact they started the second half the same tells me he didn't order them to.

He's been wonderful, a breath of fresh air, turned the club around and given us our Villa back.

Today is tactically the worst performance from a manager I've ever seen at any level of football. Set the team up badly, watch it obviously not work, don't change it, concede five. He has to carry responsibility for this one. 

He had a few of these games with Spurs as well.

It's why their fans don't respect him and call him "Tactics Tim".

This is the risks you get if want to play exciting attacking football

Exactly this.

We are a bang average premier league team with a couple of really good players.

Sherwood is setting us up to 'go at' everyone we play. With that mentality, we will occasionally get caught out. Badly.

Edited by wazzap24

His only job this season was to keep us up. That could happen in a few hours.

Which is why everyone is saying they remain happy with him overall, and are singling today out as an anomalous awful performance so far.

• Like 1

I don't think this match will turn anyone away from Sherwood. We all know that this could happy when we play attacking. It might teach Sherwood a thing or two about playing so high up away from home. Plus this match has been marred by individual errors more than tactical ones. 

• Like 3

His subs today have all been like for like.

That's admirable on a day when we're winning because it means we don't revert to sitting back and going too defensive.

But on a day like today surely you have to try something different? Disappointing in that regard

I appreciate Tim and everything he's done for us so far. Fantastic job.

However, what the **** was he playing at today

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

A high line sometimes works, sometimes not.

What is certain is that neithetionr it, or any other tactics, will work if the players aren't at the races.

Too many today are either overly worried by the importance, hungover from the high physical and mental stress levels of the last few weeks, switched off thinking we were OK, or a combination of all three. Despite the high line the goals were far more to do with a lack of thought, lack of speed on the ball, slow decision making etc.

Even Westwood caught for Longs goal - how often does that happen ?

And as regards substitutions and changing things, there was less than 3 minutes between the first three goals....nowhere near enough time to have changed players. And who ? Vlaar and Okore looked way off the pace, Hutton uncomfortable on the left, and all three midfielders were bereft of energy.

I'm not saying the manager has had is best game, but sometimes these type of things happen, to even the top teams.

Plus this match has been marred by individual errors more than tactical ones.

Yep, I'd go along with that.

I wouldn't. 

There have been plenty of individual errors, but the tactics today have been an embarrassment,

• Like 2

He had a few of these games with Spurs as well.

It's why their fans don't respect him and call him "Tactics Tim".

You know, before he came I was sick of hearing what Spurs fans thought of him, and I care even less now.

• Like 1

Â