The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm more concerned about the affect he can have on our team. There's been no 'new manager bounce' and I have to say I find him such an unlikable and prickly individual that I'm not sure he'd get me going at all if I were a player. I realise that I'm not but to me he seems like someone who might struggle to form personal relationships or get people really pulling for him. Allied to that he's a tactical caveman and proud.

We've got the games to get out of the situation we're in, and we also have the players, but I'm not sure we've got the manager. I hope I'm wrong but we have to take something tomorrow. 

I'm pretty sure Pulis won't give a flying **** about what Sherwood has said and certainly won't waste a second of his "team talk" (NB quaint idea that managers actually give such things) on this. He'll probably be talking about tactics etc.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure Pulis won't give a flying **** about what Sherwood has said and certainly won't waste a second of his "team talk" (NB quaint idea that managers actually give such things) on this. He'll probably be talking about tactics etc.

Well if he's anything like Tim, he'll need some fillers because tactics are useless apparently. But I'm glad you're so sure

Edited by gilbertoAVFC

I'm more concerned about the affect he can have on our team. There's been no 'new manager bounce' and I have to say I find him such an unlikable and prickly individual that I'm not sure he'd get me going at all if I were a player. I realise that I'm not but to me he seems like someone who might struggle to form personal relationships or get people really pulling for him. Allied to that he's a tactical caveman and proud.

We've got the games to get out of the situation we're in, and we also have the players, but I'm not sure we've got the manager. I hope I'm wrong but we have to take something tomorrow. 

Agreed. Our best hope is the players are as thick as him and will buy into him. Plausible.

He's just described Baggies as a "good little club" and said we are a massive one. Well done! Easiest team talk of Pulis' career. Imbecile. 

How dare he!  Good little club my arse, he should have called them what they are, ie a bitter set of rocket polishers from a town that people have never heard of with fans who are utterly obssessed with their far superior neighbours.

Can't tell if you're being serious. But if we go down we'll be the ones getting laughed at for having this "we're still a massive club" mentality. We'll be so massive when the likes of Nathan Baker is turning down a new contract because he's got better prospects.

Can't wait for tomorrow. All the fans give it all they've got to get behind the players and try and get some momentum going as I have no faith anybody running the club themselves could actually manage to achieve the same. Players always play with more urgency when we manage to get behind them for spells, but we don't really manage it for the whole game. Hopefully we can manage the whole 90. Biggest game in years this.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a 'we're still a massive club' mentality. It's not as if the fans are deluded saying this. The world and his wife keep banging on about how massive a club we are. Every pundit on TV starts off talking about us with 'it's such a massive club......' Even if we go down we will be a massive club that's been relegated. We're a very badly run, under-performing massive club, but we are still a massive club.

If Mourinho says stuff like that people talk about how clever he is.

Mourinho has won a shedload of important football matches in all sorts of countries at all sorts of levels, he can afford to be a total cock.

• Like 1

I don't like him, but I'm sure I'll warm to him if he saves this sinking ship.

Be interested in his actions if we drop.... Got a nagging feeling he'll try and distance himself from it all and say it's nothing to do with him, which would be incorrect. It'll upset all the players and I can't imagine next season would start too well - he needs to just getting the dressing room together and be determined to get back up.

• Like 1

Ludicrous from Sherwood, how is that helpful? Doesn't matter how much bigger we are than them if we lose.

Because if he drags the level of game to a grudge match we will win - if albion play a controlled park the bus game - that helps them.

I reckon tommorow night will Sherwoods finest hour as a villa manager - I think we are overdue a night where everything clicks - its going to be an explosive night at VP - wouldn't be surprised if theres a few red cards - But most of all I am confident of a Villa victory ...Im not so confident it will be a prelude to better things......but convinced we will win tommorow - 3-0 Benteke Hat trick - Concrete Ron MOTM .......can't wait.....

Yes Smetrov! Lets smash that shower of shite back to the black country where they belong.

• Like 1

Ludicrous from Sherwood, how is that helpful? Doesn't matter how much bigger we are than them if we lose.

Because if he drags the level of game to a grudge match we will win - if albion play a controlled park the bus game - that helps them.

I reckon tommorow night will Sherwoods finest hour as a villa manager - I think we are overdue a night where everything clicks - its going to be an explosive night at VP - wouldn't be surprised if theres a few red cards - But most of all I am confident of a Villa victory ...Im not so confident it will be a prelude to better things......but convinced we will win tommorow - 3-0 Benteke Hat trick - Concrete Ron MOTM .......can't wait.....

Yes Smetrov! Lets smash that shower of shite back to the black country where they belong.

Its in the bag mate - I keep checking newsnow to see if they are bothering to play it - im not normally confident - but Im pretty much  guaranteeing you you all a Villa victory tomorrow ...   (17p to VT if we don't) 

• Like 1

Might put on a bet of Hutton getting the first yellow of the game. He's definitely the type to set the tone of the game with a ridiculous challenge within the first minute.

• Like 1

You mean -- I mean, yow mean -- three miles to the west? That mean the black country starts somewhere around Handsworth park? You English people are so crazy lol.  :D

Edited by Shifted To Neutral

You mean -- I mean, yow mean -- three miles to the west? That mean the black country starts somewhere around Handsworth park? You English people are so crazy lol.  :D

Im so confindent im betting £1.00 on a home win :D

• Like 1

Â