The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Yeah I'm sure he was aware of being under the spotlight, but I just don't think he is that much of an actor, really. It looks natural to me, as natural as you would be if ou knew the BBC had a very expensive lens pointed at you.

It's not a big ask to look delighted - you plaster a grin onto your face, open your eyes wide, stand up, and punch the air or high-five the person sitting next to you!  But that's enough chewing over his reaction; I think the guy's on a level, he's not a devious or scheming type, I think he'll be able to inject a bit passion into the players, and I hope he gets off to a barnstormer of a start.

Edited by deck

Yeah I'm sure he was aware of being under the spotlight, but I just don't think he is that much of an actor, really. It looks natural to me, as natural as you would be if ou knew the BBC had a very expensive lens pointed at you.

It's not a big ask to look delighted - you plaster a grin onto your face, open your eyes wide, stand up, and punch the air or high-five the person sitting next to you!  But that's enough chewing over his reaction; I think the guy's on a level, he's not a devious or scheming type, I think he'll be able to inject a bit passion into the players, and I hope he gets off to a barnstormer of a start.

I dunno, you ask 100 people to look delighted and jump about when something they aren't genuinely interested in happens and I bet 99 aren't as convincing as that but yeah let's drop it :)

If anybody who understands football knew what needed to be done, then why didn't the 11 players on the pitch do something about it? Why did it take Sherwood to do it?

I don't think that anybody is claiming that it was a masterclass team talk ir masterclass tactics. The bottom line is that a new manager got the team going by having an input at half time. The team clearly played differently 2nd half and this is entirely down to Sherwood. It was nothing special but it got a reaction. I dread to think what the outcome would have been if the 2 Marshalls had been left to give the talk. Players sometimes need a strong & respected character to motivate them. This is what happened today.

If Sherwood keeps this up, he'll be in contention for the England job.

Thus completing the quickest change of opinion in the history of VT

What was my opinion of him in the first place? I only know that I thought it was a risk bringing him here based on his short spell at Tottenham because our situation is different to the one that they found themselves in.

I don't think it'll take much for the media to link him with the job plus he has a reputation for doing good work with young English talent. I said I had a feeling he wouldn't be with us for long and I'd rather it be for a reason like this than one of failure.

I'm not about to judge him based on a pretty basic half time team-talk and celebrating our goals. 

What I take from today is that he has a visible enthusiasm and at least a general understanding of the basics of the game, judging by what he allegedly said at half time. Not too bad considering he probably only met the players today though.

My fears remain but he might provide a short term spark at the very least.

Edited by adz.villa

Don't worry, there'll be another one along soon, when we lose a game or two.

I wonder whether he planned to go into the dressing room at half time or if he just thought "**** it, I'll sort this shit out now"

Probably more a case of "I can see what's going wrong here, and I've noticed a few ways we can get at them, might as well tell them instead of sitting here thinking it to myself":

Just to set it straight, I haven't changed my mind and my saying he will be in contention for the England job wasn't meant as praise. It was more a comment on how easy it is to be linked with that job if your an English manager. I think Sherwood as a few other factors on his side too.

Just to set it straight, I haven't changed my mind and my saying he will be in contention for the England job wasn't meant as praise. It was more a comment on how easy it is to be linked with that job if your an English manager. I think Sherwood as a few other factors on his side too.

Im trying to write a comment to reply to this but I cant without getting frustrated and getting some warning points

The change in approach in the second half was clear to see. More direct, more purpose, decent numbers getting forward.

Sherwood deserves some credit for that and I just love the enthusiasm he shows.

Really refreshing to see us causing more problems to the opposition (8 shots on target) and actually going into the last third of the game looking like scoring goals (I believe it is 3 goals in the last 30 minutes of matches in our last 38 league games).

If we can take this new approach to league games then we can take more points. 

Edited by Brumstopdogs

I wonder whether he planned to go into the dressing room at half time or if he just thought "**** it, I'll sort this shit out now"

Just watched the game again and you could see him swear **** hell and look at the floor in disgust. They said he looks as though he wants to head to the dressing room and he just did. You know what the same thing happened when pulls was wTching from the stands for palace I think and the same outcome a better performance and I remember our fans saying what we are saying now about tims influence. Is this any different ?

Â