The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think he's probably principally taking issue with phrases like "the real deal," after a single cup game against the team currently bottom of the Premier League, and four points adrift. It's a promising beginning, but how can he be "the real deal" after a single team talk and forty-five minutes of play? I want him to eventually become that, but talk about jumping the gun.

That's fair. But I think there are better ways to express that than to call those people fickle. The smilie does not make it OK!
The fickle thing was a joke but it's funny how some folk get defensive when that word gets metioned...
Yes funny you made a comment with the intention of getting a reaction and you got one. Well done you.
Do I win a prize?

Yes. A signed paul Lambert picture is on its way to you.

Ah damn... I was hoping for a Tim 'Messiah' Sherwood one.  Probably time to get back on topic...

Well match of day making a big point about the complete change in attitude and attacking intent after half time.

What MOTD have to say is utterly irrelevant. We should all just be happy that we played reasonably well, won the game and scored some goals whether you think Sherwood helped or not.
What a strange comment in the Tim Sherwood thread, after a much better half following his first proper interaction with the team.

Not at all, they know nothing about what was said and whether it changed the outcome of the game. We should just be thankful that the change has been made and things are hopefully on the up.

Well they do know what was said because Shay Given told us all and we don't know for sure but common sense tells you it had an effect. The pundits showed examples of positive play, midfielders getting in the box and players close to benteke in the area. All things we've seen very little of. Now we don't know 100% if Sherwood had an effect on that but its seems a massive coincidence if he didn't.

I'm actually not getting into this debate with you because I actually think it may well have had some impact so just to clarify. I couldn't care less what MOTD say about anything, We won the game, scored a couple of goals and there is a positivity around the place which is excellent, I don't need MOTD to tell me that.

• Like 1

Yes. 

I actually didn't get what your original points was tbh. What I was saying is MOTD making a big deal about the change in attacking intent after half time is irrelevant because they know just as little as we do in terms of what was said by Sherwood and how it helped the team. We should be happy with the win and the way we did it and look forward to seeing what Sherwood can do in the next few games when he as the team to himself for a longer period of time.

Sorry, it seemed as though your original post implied that we shouldn't be talking about Sherwood's influence over said performance. In the Tim Sherwood thread. 

• Like 1

Well match of day making a big point about the complete change in attitude and attacking intent after half time.

What MOTD have to say is utterly irrelevant. We should all just be happy that we played reasonably well, won the game and scored some goals whether you think Sherwood helped or not.
What a strange comment in the Tim Sherwood thread, after a much better half following his first proper interaction with the team.
Not at all, they know nothing about what was said and whether it changed the outcome of the game. We should just be thankful that the change has been made and things are hopefully on the up.
Well they do know what was said because Shay Given told us all and we don't know for sure but common sense tells you it had an effect. The pundits showed examples of positive play, midfielders getting in the box and players close to benteke in the area. All things we've seen very little of. Now we don't know 100% if Sherwood had an effect on that but its seems a massive coincidence if he didn't.

I'm actually not getting into this debate with you because I actually think it may well have had some impact so just to clarify. I couldn't care less what MOTD say about anything, We won the game, scored a couple of goals and there is a positivity around the place which is excellent, I don't need MOTD to tell me that.

To be fair someone only mentioned that MOTD mentioned the change. Nobody actually said that it is big thing because MOTD mentioned it, it was just an observation.

Yes. 

I actually didn't get what your original points was tbh. What I was saying is MOTD making a big deal about the change in attacking intent after half time is irrelevant because they know just as little as we do in terms of what was said by Sherwood and how it helped the team. We should be happy with the win and the way we did it and look forward to seeing what Sherwood can do in the next few games when he as the team to himself for a longer period of time.

Sorry, it seemed as though your original post implied that we shouldn't be talking about Sherwood's influence over said performance. In the Tim Sherwood thread. 

No, not at all. I just meant I don't need MOTD to try and tell me things that they actually don't know anything about. I'm 100% behind Sherwood, I want to get carried away. I don't even care if we lose against Stoke tbh as long as there is clear intent there to go and win the game in a positive way and hopefully leave this god awful tippy tappy shit behind.

• Like 1

I think you just saw my name and decided you had to argue about something.

Who said you need match of the day to tell you that?

There was a discussion going on in the Tim Sherwood thread about whether he had an impact or not. The highlights and pundits on match of the day made a point that they thought he did.

What are you getting upset and annoyed about?

• Like 1

I think I'm being a little harsh due to how crap [sutton] was at Lincoln !! Spent a load of dosh that Lincoln have never really recovered from. He does seem thoughtful, and I like your logic in the three principles. However, he lacks inspiration and is very dull.

I'd have to watch more interviews with Sutton. Based on what I can remember of the one or two I have seen, he strikes me as less of an outright bore, post-match (in contrast say, to - picking someone completely at random - Paul Lambert!), than as someone who likes to be guarded with his thoughts, and who also to some degree holds interviewers and media bods in contempt (not quite as much as say Roy Keane does), regarding them as people who don't particularly merit interesting or illuminating replies to questions.

I think you just saw my name and decided you had to argue about something.

Who said you need match of the day to tell you that?

There was a discussion going on in the Tim Sherwood thread about whether he had an impact or not. The highlights and pundits on match of the day made a point that they thought he did.

What are you getting upset and annoyed about?

He was in the dressing room before the match as well according to Marshall so I guess he should be credited with the first half performance also.   You're accusing ppl of getting annoyed and claiming the above poster is just picking an argument with you but to me you constantly come across as annoyed and seem to pick arguments with a lot of the same ppl.  Is it them or you?  hmmmm..

• Like 1

Well I'm firmly in the 'the jury is still out' camp. I'll judge sherwood on how the rest of the season goes. I was just pointing out how carried away some folk were getting after one game, I mean we did the very same thing vs Leicester at home in the league as well and that didn't lead to much.

• Like 2

So I see we're all going to fight in this thread as well as the Lambert one then?

Better sought out the Sherwood In and Sherwood Out 'camps' early on I guess...

The next great VT civil war has already begun - there's no stopping it. ;)

• Like 1

Â