The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Slight overreaction in this thread tonight... It was a cup game vs the team bottom of the league so I think some ppl need to come back to Earth.  If we can go on a run now and play consistently like we did secong half then it might be time to start getting excited.   The word 'fickle' springs to mind   :P

Sherwood is the real deal after one team talk i seen more effort and desire from our side in 45 minutes than the entirety of Lambert's tenure 

• Like 1

Slight overreaction in this thread tonight... It was a cup game vs the team bottom of the league so I think some ppl need to come back to Earth.  If we can go on a run now and play consistently like we did secong half then it might be time to start getting excited.   The word 'fickle' springs to mind   :P

Sherwood is the real deal after one team talk i seen more effort and desire from our side in 45 minutes than the entirety of Lambert's tenure 

Anymore jokes? 

Slight overreaction in this thread tonight... It was a cup game vs the team bottom of the league so I think some ppl need to come back to Earth. If we can go on a run now and play consistently like we did secong half then it might be time to start getting excited. The word 'fickle' springs to mind :P

Anymore jokes?

You seem annoyed fans want to get excited about our new manager.

• Like 2

I made a really excellent point on the last page, even if people are going overboard with their positivity for Sherwood I think it's a good thing because it migh be just what we need to help us over the line.

• Like 1

He hasn't been round the block and left his best experiences behind him Like Gerard H and the experiences of that.

and Ron Saunders at Blues & Albion.

He can make HIS name with US.

I think he's probably principally taking issue with phrases like "the real deal," after a single cup game against the team currently bottom of the Premier League, and four points adrift.  It's a promising beginning, but how can he be "the real deal" after a single team talk and forty-five minutes of play?  I want him to eventually become that, but talk about jumping the gun.

Edit: to include quote being replied to.

Edited by deck
  • Like 1

I don't really understand what's going on in this. Did Sherwood confront Jorge Jesus because he was dancing about, and then who was that other bloke that Jesus went a bit mad at after, was that because he tripped him a bit? Might've completely misinterpreted that! Lol.

Check out Demitri's video post on the previous page. Sherwood talks about it in the post match press conference.

Ah, thanks mate, makes more sense now!

Slight overreaction in this thread tonight... It was a cup game vs the team bottom of the league so I think some ppl need to come back to Earth. If we can go on a run now and play consistently like we did secong half then it might be time to start getting excited. The word 'fickle' springs to mind :P

Anymore jokes?

Not annoyed, just realistic.  I'm hoping his energy and cockiness rub off on the team the right way and things work but in reality it's best to wait til we show consistency for a run of games before making some of the silly statements I've read in here this evening.   

I think he's probably principally taking issue with phrases like "the real deal," after a single cup game against the team currently bottom of the Premier League, and four points adrift.  It's a promising beginning, but how can he be "the real deal" after a single team talk and forty-five minutes of play?  I want him to eventually become that, but talk about jumping the gun.

That's fair. But I think there are better ways to express that than to call those people fickle. The smilie does not make it OK!

• Like 1

I made a really excellent point on the last page, even if people are going overboard with their positivity for Sherwood I think it's a good thing because it migh be just what we need to help us over the line.

Should have liked your own post! ;)

I can't do that because they're limited and I like to like other peoples' posts too. But I thought it was a real great point.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

That's fair. But I think there are better ways to express that than to call those people fickle. The smilie does not make it OK!

The fickle thing was a joke but it's funny how some folk get defensive when that word gets metioned...

I'm chuffed about today but this is ridiculous

Should have liked your own post! ;)

I can't do that because they're limited and I like to like other peoples' posts too. But I thought it was a real great point.

t8zvc.gif

• Like 3

Who is "the real deal" other than 2 or 3 managers at the top of the table. Liverpool finished 2nd last season, looked like they could win it at one stage, not doing too badly this time around. Not many of their fans would call Rodgers "the real deal".

To keep a lid on things and to keep it in perspective, Sherwood is not going to get us into Europe. The squad isn't great and there is not the money available to bridge the gap. If we were to finish between 12th & 8th for the next 3 seasons then Sherwood will have done an excellent job. People need to realise that this is realistically where we can aim. Sherwood is more than capable of achieving this. In my view, this will make him a success for us.

Agreed.  I hate the whole idea of smilies!  (And people who use the crying smiley in RIP threads; where are their heads at?!).

Edited by deck
  • Like 1

The fickle thing was a joke but it's funny how some folk get defensive when that word gets metioned...

Is it not obvious why? It's quite an emotive word around these parts! There was a banner and everything. 

• Like 1

Â