The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I was at the game and saw the difference in the second half. The crosses went to 4-5 players in the box. First half you was lucky to see one. The reason the ball went back and sideways with Lambert is blatently cause no one goes forward and there is never anyone to pass to. If Sherwood can change this, as it looked in the second half, play will be much much better.

I also noticed there were 4 players in the box for every cross in the 2nd half

Under Lambert you would be lucky to see one

• Like 1

ui9hzFS.gif

I like the way Paddy looks at Tim and then copies his double fist celebration

Foxy looks like he might put his hands up for Big 10's with Big Tim, but remembers he's CEO of a multi-million pound business and would look like a tit.

The game is not rocket science is it. The more players you get in the box the more chance you have of one of your players being on the end of a cross. The more players you get running on beyond Bentke the more chance you have of one of his flick ons finding one of his team mates or him laying it off and a player running beyond him being played through from a pass.

At some stage early in the 2013/14 season Lambert lost his way completely and went way too cautious and took all the attacking intent out of the side. The defense needed shoring up as we did have a tendency to leak goals but we went way too far and became way too cautious. There is a balance to be struck and hopefully Sherwood is already on the way to finding it. Luckily for him, and us, I think we do have the players to play a much more attacking game especially with Gil to come back in.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

It's far to early to be raving on about what a difference Sherwood has made, at least let the poor guy actually manage us for a few games first.

Are we not allowed to rave on at how well we played and how we are moving forward as a club

Lambert is in the rearview mirror now wave him goodbye as we set off for Europe

Post match, Marshall said the team did what Sherwood asked them to do at half-time and delivered in the second half. Mental that a half-time talk can have such an impact from a man they may not have even met yet.

Edited by samjp26

Sky sports had a quick interview with him after the game and he said he was very impressed. A lot of fight and desire. Winning was the most pleasing aspect for him and that we'd come put fighting; dont worry.

First press conference tomorrow

Is there a link to this? Or did you just watch it on SSN?

Seen nothing yet but new manager bounce. But its good to see we can harness that.

I liked Sherwood's passion. He seemed genuinely delighted that we scored and won.

His half time talk seemed to work as well.

Looking forward to seeing how we line up in his first proper game

Sky sports had a quick interview with him after the game and he said he was very impressed. A lot of fight and desire. Winning was the most pleasing aspect for him and that we'd come put fighting; dont worry.

First press conference tomorrow

Is there a link to this? Or did you just watch it on SSN?

I'd like to see it too

I'm excited to have a new manager here and it looks like he's relishing the job but you really can't give him all the credit for the 2nd half improvement. That's hyperbole of the commentator's levels.

Scott Marshall says they all had a few points to make, Given said they were told to just play with a bit more freedom and express themselves. All well and good but hardly a magic sequence of words which unlocked the team's potential instantly.

It was a combination of everyone playing with a bit more freedom and determination, and probably wanting to impress the new manager. That said I don't think the difference between the 1st and 2nd half was that big, we just went forward more, which left more space behind. Little bit riskier maybe.

Remains to be seen what difference Sherwood actually makes to games he's actually involved in. I'm quite excited to find out.

• Like 1

Â