The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Great to hear that Sherwood came in and gave he team a positive gee up. 

We all know that this team is a lot better than what we have seen over the last few months. Maybe he is the man to give us a Gregory type boost!

Ok guess i have to be the first one to call it, we know its gonna happen sooner or later, Sherwood out!

Yeah sherwood out on the training ground giving his tactics (hell what are them). Getting them to express themselves and pass the ball forward and into that rectangle thing they goal a goal.

I think most people are disappointed with Sherwood's appointment for a varying number of reasons.  For me, he's simply not the experienced kind of manager I think we need at this point in time.  He obviously has a bit of a fractious personality and this could cause problems behind the scene.  He did reasonably well with Spurs, but still got sacked and many Spurs' fans really don't like him.

However, he does have a lot to prove in this job.  His evident self-belief will be hugely important and, given our recent troubles, his willingness to experiment and attack will be a very welcome addition.  I'm actually happy with the long-term view, exactly as I was with Lambert, because a club needs stability.  A short term fix just isn't what we need - and, further, isn't what a squad of players needs.  Not a popular choice, but not much to go on in terms of managerial ability.  It's a cheap risk, essentially, but that could be a bonus.

With regards to today, he obviously had an impact at half time.  Balls were being played up to Benteke, Delph and Cleverley were bursting in to the box... there was a whole renewed vigour about our play.  Benteke smiling again in the second half (as I mentioned in his individual thread) is a very good thing.  I think Sherwood will have learned from his short spell at Spurs and can hopefully utilise his positive energy in a more composed way at Villa.  Certainly an encouraging start.

Edited by bobzy

Â