Next 6 League Games

daggy_333

To be fair to him, isn't reverting to a style of play that, whilst not amazing, was at least picking up enough points to see us safe, better than persisting with a style that clearly isn't working?

But to be changing styles mid season and then reverting back to type just shows that he hasn't a clue what he is doing. He doesn't know what style to play, how to fix the issues in the team and that has to transfer itself over to the players. How can they believe in a manager who doesn't have any conviction in his ideas or any confidence in his tactics? It's like he is just hoping for something good to happen.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 3

To be fair to him, isn't reverting to a style of play that, whilst not amazing, was at least picking up enough points to see us safe, better than persisting with a style that clearly isn't working?

But to be changing styles mid season and then reverting back to type just shows that he hasn't a clue what he is doing. He doesn't know what style to play, how to fix the issues in the team and that has to transfer itself over to the players. How can they believe in a manager who doesn't have any conviction in his ideas or any confidence in his tactics? It's like he is just hoping for something good to happen.

Well I'm not disagreeing with any of that.

but I'd rather see him change back to something that was working as opposed to persisting with something that isn't.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above.

Almost sounds like he's passing the buck to me. "You wanted this pretty style of football and look at us now" kinda thing. Except no Paul, we didn't want THIS.

Complete speculation of course. Just found it an odd thing for him to mention.

Don't tell me, show me. Show me goals and points, unlike some I don't want your excuses.

That's just it though isn't it, it hasn't been pretty, its already ugly to watch. Its not like there's only one way to be ugly.

And his 'I've been aware of it(Lambert out) for months" comments, it struck me as another dig and blame, even though the majority or the fans haven't really been vocal at all, and definitely not for months, you only have to look at the protest that wasn't for that.

Either way next five games we need to pick up something, somehow.

The other teams have hard fixtures up which could result in them on the end of sum hammer ings but we need to start getting draws at least

Absolutely - just scanned the remaining fixtures for burnley and qpr and they are going to find it tough. Burnley will be lucky to get 2 points from the next 9 matches - QPR quite possibly could get 3 points from next 5. We won't be adrift 5 games from now, reckon 32 points will be enough this year. God dammit, we don;t need to do much to survive this year. So frustrating.

• Like 1

Agree with all of the above.

Almost sounds like he's passing the buck to me. "You wanted this pretty style of football and look at us now" kinda thing. Except no Paul, we didn't want THIS.

Complete speculation of course. Just found it an odd thing for him to mention.

Don't tell me, show me. Show me goals and points, unlike some I don't want your excuses.

Keeping 8 men behind the ball v palace and sunderland was folly in the extreme - those were must win games ......

Like a drug user I am going to wean myself off the villa for a bit. Try and not get so distraught like I did yesterday. 

Good job I love cricket. 

Warwickshire la la la

Warwickshire la la la

£100 a season ticket too.

Yes only 2 months to the start of the season  :)

In the 11 games before we changed style we got 11 points and scored 5 goals.

I'm not sure changing back to hoof ball is going to solve much.

Getting rid of him is the only way to solve it.

Isn't that a lot more goals and points than after we changed style. 

In the 11 games before we changed style we got 11 points and scored 5 goals.

I'm not sure changing back to hoof ball is going to solve much.

Getting rid of him is the only way to solve it.

Isn't that a lot more goals and points than after we changed style. 

It's a good enough points ratio to keep us up (just... probably)

We have to go for it. We needs wins now. We need to be aggressive, awkward & spiteful and make teams work for the points. We need to be a few levels above what we have been so far but I don't believe the players can be as poor for the next 13 games

Be interesting to see how we do if we can get someone in before Stoke which should be possible....

if these previously hopeless teams like Palace and QPR can start winning games when they change manager, surely to McGrath we can win a game or two in the next few weeks or do normal rules not apply to us?

We did have reasonable starts under Houllier and McLeish aswell.

• 1 month later...

mine are ruined. got one right. 

Looking at this thread about 75% of people would be happy with 9 or more. 

So on that basis if we beat swansea, majority of us will be very, very happy. 

Looking like a few draws there for me, certainly no one would bat an eyelid if we draw at home to West Brom and Stoke for instance but we desperately need to win ideally two games.

We need to be over 30 points at the end of that run which on current form is a big ask but can be done for example if we win on Tuesday. It will look a look easier then.

I agree if we are in the bottom 3 after that run we will do down as look what we have in April, away games in Manchester and at Spurs. We need to have a decent buffer over the bottom 3 going into that month.

We will probably fall just short of 30 points as I think we'll draw v Swansea but considering where we were two weeks ago 29 points will do just fine as I'd say Burnley will lose at Southampton so we'd have a 4 point buffer over bottom three going into April.

Hard to know. We have a tough run in after these games so I'd hope we can at least get 8 points, which would leave us on 30 with 9 to play. We need positive results from Hull and Stoke for sure, we simply have to win one of those games and we can't lose to Hull. 

Well, I suppose the first thing to say is that I can't count games properly. The second is that I was wrong about Hull and Stoke - we lost both and I think we'll be alright. 

Sherwood has come in and done well so far, I fancy us for at least a point against Swansea and maybe 3, so 7-9 would represent a reasonable return. 

Â