Next 6 League Games

daggy_333

Well you can disagree that 18 is a real possibility actually.

Arghhh no you can't. Have you even read what I put?

It's like me saying 'that statue is big' and you saying 'no it's not'

They're none absolute subjective terms. Unless it's obviously factually incorrect you can't disagree. Unless you're just being argumentative for the sake of it.

Incredible, you're telling me that someone cant disagree that 18 points is realistic? You CAN disagree with that, despite what you keep writing, utter nonense. It is not realistic its as simple as that.

Well you can disagree that 18 is a real possibility actually.

Arghhh no you can't. Have you even read what I put?

It's like me saying 'that statue is big' and you saying 'no it's not'

They're none absolute subjective terms. Unless it's obviously factually incorrect you can't disagree. Unless you're just being argumentative for the sake of it.

Incredible, you're telling me that someone cant disagree that 18 points is realistic? You CAN disagree with that, despite what you keep writing, utter nonense. It is not realistic its as simple as that.

I don't think I'll get anywhere further but one last try.

I said its a real possibility.

A possibility is something that isn't impossible. Do you think it's impossible that we'll win 6 games in a row? (Hint: it's not)

Putting real in front of it qualifies it as something that's at least a little more likely than completely not.

Therefore you can't say it's not a real possibility. By definition it is. These aren't just semantics, they're basic parts of the English language.

As for how likely it is, I think we can agree that it's not very. But unless it's against premier league rules for us to win 6 games in a row, I'm afraid you can't say it's not a possibility.

• Like 3

Were talking about football results, dont be a pedant you know exactly what you're saying. If you come in here and say that its a possibility that we'll win 5 out of 6 then people are going to tell you that it isn't possible and you know exactly what they mean by that. I can say that theres absolutely no chance we'll win 5 out of 6 and you'd know exactly what i mean without going on some bizarre rant about semantics and the english language.

People can and will disagree with your original statement. Like they would if i said that i think signing Messi is a "real possibility".

• Like 1

When you think that out of the other 8 fixtures we have to go away to Spurs, Southampton and both Manchester clubs you couldn't see us taking too many points from the last 8 games. Therefore, I think we will need at least 8 points from the next 6 games to make life a little more comfortable for the run in.

Were talking about football results, dont be a pedant you know exactly what you're saying. If you come in here and say that its a possibility that we'll win 5 out of 6 then people are going to tell you that it isn't possible and you know exactly what they mean by that. I can say that theres absolutely no chance we'll win 5 out of 6 and you'd know exactly what i mean without going on some bizarre rant about semantics and the english language.

People can and will disagree with your original statement. Like they would if i said that i think signing Messi is a "real possibility".

Thought so

I'd expect no less than ten. We should beat Sunderland, Hull and West Brom. Swansea are tough, Stoke and Newcastle are better But we can get draws but I'm being realistic and only expecting a point from those. 

When you think that out of the other 8 fixtures we have to go away to Spurs, Southampton and both Manchester clubs you couldn't see us taking too many points from the last 8 games. Therefore, I think we will need at least 8 points from the next 6 games to make life a little more comfortable for the run in.

The next 7 games decide our fate for me without a doubt. We can all but secure safety or we can make the job nigh on impossible.

I'd expect no less than ten. We should beat Sunderland, Hull and West Brom. Swansea are tough, Stoke and Newcastle are better But we can get draws but I'm being realistic and only expecting a point from those. 

Why should we beat West Brom out of interest? Under Lambert we have 1 win in 6 against them....indeed since 2011 it's been 1 win in 9 against them incredibly. Our record v Pulis teams is very similar, he knows how to play us at VP so I'd say that is a nailed on low scoring draw.

Going by recent history the game we're most likely will be Sunderland away as we always seem to get good results up and we seem a bogey team against Hull.

Hull City {A}-------- We'll beat them

Stoke City {H}----- Draw or loss

Newcastle United {A}-- Loss

West Bromwich Albion {H}-- Nailed on win

Sunderland {A}---- We'll annihilate them

Swansea City {H}-- Cheeky point I reckon

Hull- This one is going to be hard to call and depends on how fired up hull are going to be for the game they are looking very much down and out recently and that last minute sucker punch by milner will have either damaged their morale or made them even more fired up. If we play with some of the guts and determination like we did today we could definatly get the win but i have been a villa fan long enough now to know that villa normally do the opposite of what you expect most teams to do and normally dissapoint.

Draw 1-1 1pts

Stoke- I hate watching us play stoke because you don't know what stoke team are gonna turn up sometimes they are brilliant and sometimes they can have a shocker so it can be hard to call. They have been pretty solid this season and are currently where I'd have hoped where we would be at this part of the season (wishful thinking) however they have lost one of their key goal threats in Bojan which helps us out. I think depending on how we get on in the F.A cup match against leicester will be key to how this one goes. Still we dont normally do great atgainst stoke so im gonna go for a loss.

Loss 0-2 0pts

Newcastle- Don't see us getting anything from newcastle they will have too much for us and will be strong at home.

Loss 3-1 0pts

The dirty scummy bastards- This game is huge all form will go out the window and it will be a dirty affair with plenty of cards I think we are going to be really up for this one and will be seeking revenge for earlier in the season but I think we will beat them with either sinclair or gil getting the winner and cementing themselves as a fan favorite. We will be at home so we need to make it a really hostile place.

Win 2-1 3pts

Sunderland- We normally do well against blunderland and with the morale boost of beating the carrier bags i think we will record a rare 2 on the bounce win.

Win 0-1 3pts

Swansea- This game will be tough and  think we will get screwed out of a result due to a ref decision.

Loss 1-3 0pts

So after this run of fixtures I realisticly see us getting 7 points which will leave us on 29pts and very much in the shit with a seriously hard run of games until the end of the season. I think we will need 38pts this season to be safe which means we would need to find 9pts in that run. I just hope we can get through without having any bad injuries to key players.

I'm very worried.

• Like 1

At the moment -

Guzan, Clark, Cissokho are all probably playing at a decent level

Okore and Hutton aren't consistent at all, great goal from Okore today but I would single both out as the reason we have conceded some stupid goals of late. We need Vlaar back.

The midfield looked more balanced today and I think there is the depth there to get through the games coming up, Delph and Cleverly need to improve massively though.

Attack we only have Gil and Weimann with any threat or potency. Sinclair can add to that hopefully.

But Benteke, Gabby, Zog and even Joe Cole to a lesser extent have been awful or had no impact. With no other options up front if Lambert can't get one of those firing again then there is no way we will pick up any points.

I would rather play Westwood than Cleverly but that won't happen so:

Guzan

Hutton -- Vlaar -- Clark -- Cissokho

Delph -- Sanchez -- Cleverly

Gil -- Benteke -- Sinclair

I don't want to drop Weimann either but we need width and and someone who can get on the end of crosses.

Edited by VillanousOne

Â