Next 6 League Games

daggy_333

I think we'll only lose one of those fixtures... but the key will be our (in)ability to score.

Can basically see us getting between 5 and 13 points.  Probably more likely to be the low end of that scale - I'll go for 7.

How we do is likely to be impacted significantly by Tuesday's game.

If we can get a win there against another team struggling with us then the confidence may well start to return and we could see an uplift in performance.  If we lose then that could be it. we might not recover.

If we draw then we may well just continue to limp along for the rest of the season and who knows whether that would be good enough or not.

it's a huge huge game for us at this stage of the season and frankly, whatever anyone's views on Lambert or Lerner, it's time for the players to step up and show some bottle.  Hull will be up for it as will their fans.

For me it has to be Benteke up front with Weimann playing off him.

Guzan

Hutton, Okore, Clark(Vlaar) Cissokho

Sanchez  Delph

Gil     Wiemann         Sinclair

Teckers

If our defenders remember how to defend then we could go unbeaten, win just one game and go unbeaten is 8 points.

what?

we have conceded 15 goals since start of December in 13 games. Arsenal game aside and its 10 in 12 games, thats a pretty good record for any team

The depressing thing about this topic is how low peoples expectations are we should easily be looking at 11 points from these games

but the fans apathy is so low they fear the worst. We all knew we were crap in Div 3 but we still had hope and desire, todays mentality is to accept

the level and wade in it.

I agree we should be looking for double figure points from these games onmeedson and we are. But given the points we have picked up since mid September it is not unreasonable to fear the worst but to hope for more.

Having seen us in Division 3 we were not "crap" then. We were at a very low point in our history but we had hope because we were on the way up rather than in a nosedive as we were when relegated from Division 2 and as we are now. We still have hope and desire. I do not see that many more of us accepting the level and wading in it than was the case in 66/67, 69/70 or 86/87.     

Yes strange season 69/70 under the doc, we went into it being favourite for promotion having spent big money on Rioch and ended up relegated. For me Leicester and QPR are down, Leicester have an very tough next few games. so its between us, West Brom, Hull and Burnley for the other spot. I think we have the quality in our squad to get 10 or 11 pts from these games and that will be enough to see comfortable. 

£50 on it? Why on earth would I do that?!

Because you think it's a real possibility? IMO there's a 0% chance that we'll win 6 games in a row. You might get better than 1000/1 in the bookies.

The grasp of English in this thread is frightening.

No, I don't think I'll put £50 on it because I don't think it has much of a chance of happening.

No, I'm sorry, there's nothing wrong with my grasp of English. You said it was 'a real possibility'. That does not imply - at all - 'it's theoretically not impossible but very low likelihood'. It implies that it's one of a number of realistic possible scenarios, which it very clearly isn't, because as I've pointed out, even the league leaders haven't managed a run of six wins on the trot. I'll agree that it's not theoretically impossible, but that is absolutely not what 'a real possibility' means in plain English. 

If our defenders remember how to defend then we could go unbeaten, win just one game and go unbeaten is 8 points.

what?

we have conceded 15 goals since start of December in 13 games. Arsenal game aside and its 10 in 12 games, thats a pretty good record for any team

I'm not saying we can't defend, we've dropped a fair few clangers over the last two games and I think if our defenders remember what they are capable of then we should go the next 6 unbeaten. Wasn't having a go :) Just hoping a solid base will lead to a minimum of 6 points, and with a couple of wins more like 10.

• Like 1

Hull City {A}-------- We'll beat them

Stoke City {H}----- Draw or loss

Newcastle United {A}-- Loss

West Bromwich Albion {H}-- Nailed on win

Sunderland {A}---- We'll annihilate them

Swansea City {H}-- Cheeky point I reckon

Hull - Win

Stoke - Win

Newcastle - Loss

West Brom - Win

Sunderland - Draw

Swansea - Loss

10 points, 32 in total. 5 points from safety

I would, but i wont have too.

Ditto

Wow. £2k going to Acorns if we win the next 6 games. It's not particularly likely but you guys are very generous.

Actually were not very generous at all if you really think about it. I'll also do a video recorded naked lap of Birmingham city centre if we win 6 in a row...I think you see the point being made.

• Like 1

£1000 to Acorns says we wont even come close to winning 6 in a row, we wont even win 6 for the remainder of the season probably. Dreamland.

I hope you'll stand by this.

We've never won 3 games in a row under Lambert. 6 isn't gonna happen.

£1000 to Acorns says we wont even come close to winning 6 in a row, we wont even win 6 for the remainder of the season probably. Dreamland.

I hope you'll stand by this.

We've never won 3 games in a row under Lambert. 6 isn't gonna happen.

Probably not, no.

Â