Next 6 League Games

daggy_333

At my most optmistic, 8 points; two wins maximum plus a couple of draws. Realistically, 6 points; one win plus a few draws. As bad as that would be, it will still probably be enough to keep our heads above water. Going by the standard at the bottom, the threshold for survival will be low again - around 34/35 points.

Edited by Isa

At my most optmistic, 8 points; two wins maximum plus a couple of draws. Realistically, 6 points; one win plus a few draws. As bad as that would be, it will still probably be enough to keep our heads above water. Going by the standard at the bottom, the threshold for survival will be low again - around 34/35 points.

It's the same every season, you look at the table and you think 'there's no way the teams at the bottom will get close to 38 points' and then every year the bottom teams scrape and scrap for points in the last few months of the season.

I think we have enough quality in our squad to get enough together again. 

I honestly think 18 is a real possibility.

Either joking or deluded, which is it?

This is how people lose credibity on here with comments like that. The way we have played all season, we are gonna struggle to get 8 points never mind 18 points?

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

I just don't see how we are going to win any of those games, what's going to change from the past few weeks?

I'm not worried about nothing changing.

If we play like we did against Liverpool or Chelsea then we'll get some decent points.

I'm more worried about us not playing like the last few weeks... Arsenal aside!

I reckon...

Hull City {A} 0-1 win

Stoke City {H} 1-1 draw

Newcastle United {A} 2-0 loss

West Bromwich Albion {H} 1-1 draw

Sunderland {A} 0-1 win

Swansea City {H} 0-1 loss

So that's a grand total of 8 points, which I'd be content with.

The depressing thing about this topic is how low peoples expectations are we should easily be looking at 11 points from these games

but the fans apathy is so low they fear the worst. We all knew we were crap in Div 3 but we still had hope and desire, todays mentality is to accept

the level and wade in it.

Hard to know. We have a tough run in after these games so I'd hope we can at least get 8 points, which would leave us on 30 with 9 to play. We need positive results from Hull and Stoke for sure, we simply have to win one of those games and we can't lose to Hull. 

The depressing thing about this topic is how low peoples expectations are we should easily be looking at 11 points from these games

but the fans apathy is so low they fear the worst. We all knew we were crap in Div 3 but we still had hope and desire, todays mentality is to accept

the level and wade in it.

I agree we should be looking for double figure points from these games onmeedson and we are. But given the points we have picked up since mid September it is not unreasonable to fear the worst but to hope for more.

Having seen us in Division 3 we were not "crap" then. We were at a very low point in our history but we had hope because we were on the way up rather than in a nosedive as we were when relegated from Division 2 and as we are now. We still have hope and desire. I do not see that many more of us accepting the level and wading in it than was the case in 66/67, 69/70 or 86/87.     

Â