limpid

Delph has been the biggest disappointment in midfield so far. Not the worst player, just the biggest disappointment.

He's supposed to be the driving force in CM, but has shown none of his usual energy and trickery.

He has been on only cm that's been decent don't know what you have been watching!

Read it again. Not the worst player, just disappointing compared to how he can play.

Too many loose balls, very few runs past anyone, no interplay between him, Weimann and Gil and pinging balls from deep to no one. Better than Sanchez and Cleverley for sure, but not a high-quality Delph (or Captain's) performance so far.

Knowing how he can play is why I said he's the biggest disappointment.

Edited by StanBalaban

Sinclair at 50 please not 75 minutes

Commentary os refreshing hearing Lambert has no idea from the professionals.

Who are the pundits?

Lee Dixon is on NBC. He's been calling out the lack of movement and the ridiculousness of playing a high-line against Arsenal.

And the distance between the centre backs for the goal and the lack of pressing in the first 20-25 mins, Dixon's had a good game so far! ;)

• Like 1

I thought we'd gained a foothold in the game, so I wouldn't change it at half time

Arsenal could have had at least one more, but Weimann's was a very good chance too

Sanchez breaking up play well but distribution poor

Would like to see Sinclair come on but that will be a final throw of the dice as it will leave us more vunerable in midfield

Working hard but lacking composure

• Like 2

So many mistakes being made in the midfield. 

Benteke may not be getting service, but that might be because he is standing next to Mertesacker constantly. He is never moving. It would take a perfectly placed ball to find Benteke. 

the picture that sky have just frozen with carragher talking it is spot on, pressing far too high, no shape, no positioning, far too high a line, trying to do everything in the middle of arsenal's half

A lot on this forum have been saying the same all season. I hope it doesn't take Lambert two years to realise this, as it did for him to realise we needed width.

the picture that sky have just frozen with carragher talking it is spot on, pressing far too high, no shape, no positioning, far too high a line, trying to do everything in the middle of arsenal's half

A lot on this forum have been saying the same all season. I hope it doesn't take Lambert two years to realise this, as it did for him to realise we needed width.

He still hasn't

So many mistakes being made in the midfield. 

Benteke may not be getting service, but that might be because he is standing next to Mertesacker constantly. He is never moving. It would take a perfectly placed ball to find Benteke. 

You cant have your central striker running all over the line looking for a pass. He's up front on his own. He needs to stay fairly central.

Gil and Cleverley have been our best players IMO

Yes and Sanchez and Richardson our worst two

100% this. Frustrating me how muchof they're both giving the ball away with simple passes or even a throw in with Richardson. Absolutely awful.

Couldbe further behind (probably should be) but we have improved since a terrible start. Think we are unlikely to get back in it though unfortunately and I don't think it will finish 1-0. I really don't want to see Cleverley back on the pitch.

Westwood for Cleverley, freeing up Delph more.

Sinclair for Andi - not because Andi has been bad, but because Benteke possesses more of a threat if Sinclair and Gil can put balls in from the flanks.

Sinclair                                  Gil

Delph

Wetwood   Sanchez