Carles Gil

bose

Steven Davis would be a good player for us now but at the time and where we were aiming (top 4) he was nowhere near good enough compared to Barry, Petrov, Milner, Downing etc

As for Gil, a couple of goals in pre season friendlies means nothing. Numerous managers at this club have failed to see anything in him and while I think he would have been useful to keep around, he clearly didn't want to stay.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice to keep track of how he's doing for Deportivo this season. He started for them in their opening fixture yesterday (a 2:1 win over Eibar). Just looking at the stats it looks as though he was subbed off after 57 minutes and didn't really have much impact on the game. 

6 hours ago, Fab said:

it looks as though he was subbed off after 57 minutes and didn't really have much impact on the game. 

What a surprise 

smug-david-brent-o.gif

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I saw bits of pieces, he was on the periphery really. Didn't even realise he was subbed!

Depor won me 300 quid with their comeback though so glad I watched it. :cheers:

Well done Chris!

6 hours ago, Fab said:

Would be nice to keep track of how he's doing for Deportivo this season. He started for them in their opening fixture yesterday (a 2:1 win over Eibar). Just looking at the stats it looks as though he was subbed off after 57 minutes and didn't really have much impact on the game. 

That sounds very familiar. 

On 8/11/2016 at 04:12, Xela said:

Steven Davis would be a good player for us now but at the time and where we were aiming (top 4) he was nowhere near good enough compared to Barry, Petrov, Milner, Downing etc

As for Gil, a couple of goals in pre season friendlies means nothing. Numerous managers at this club have failed to see anything in him and while I think he would have been useful to keep around, he clearly didn't want to stay.

I thought Davis and Cahill were both good enough for where we were and where we were aiming. I rated Davis higher than Petrov and any of our other central midfielders from that period excluding Barry and Milner. Cahill was a better option than anybody else we had apart from Laursen and better than any of the centre backs we signed not long after who became regular starters.

Edited by Michael118

Carles Gil: "I joined in the team of the Comunio, I say that I trust me"

The playmaker dreams with debut at the Riazor and mark its first goal as deportivista

ALEXANDRE CENTENO August 18, 2016.

With just one meter and seventy height is one of those tiny-tots which so much like in the Spanish football and which have led to the selection to great heights. Shared the dressing room with players such as ISCO, Bernat or Paco Alcácer, before making the suitcases for enlisting in the Aston Villa. So lost shyness. "live alone and the years you are becoming more open," explains. Lost shyness and learned to suffer.  After a sensational start playing and scoring goals arrived, overnight, the ostracism of not enter in the plans of the coach. "I never understood it", rushes to say. But far from sink is marked the rest of return to enjoy. The Dépor arrived. And Carles Gil (Valencia, 1992) What was clear. "I am so cabezón that i got it in his head to come here and here I am," warns with confidence. So much so that the offensive power that has the Dépor in its demarcation is not worried. The demonstration, said between laughs, is that it has joined in the popular game of the Comunio.

Arrives at Dépor after an unusual step for the Aston Villa. The English club made a great disbursement by you, began playing and suddenly, outside. What happened?

Happened that football is as it is and when things do not work, everything goes backwards. Were collecting things and at the end because here I am. My adaptation there was a breeze. In the early matches, as who said, I went all round. But then I had the bad luck that drove out the coach. Came another and left me. What I said, football.

Why the Dépor?

Because I come from a time ****** up and I want to return to enjoy the football and feel important. In this regard, the Dépor meets all the requirements and I am happy to be here.

Thus being the quantity and quality of players that the Dépor joined in your area, does not seem to come to a site that has the title guaranteed.

In the Dépor is expensive to play in any position, not only in the mine. There are very good players and that is the best thing that can happen to a computer. In my case, I have great confidence in me. This is football. Who wants to go to a computer on which you want to play all... Well you can't play in first or second. I only saw the great project that has the Dépor and attractive that it was everything to me

And is responding everything to your expectations?

Yes. The truth is that happy for all: for the club and for the companions, everything that encompasses the sports. The city also. I am very happy.

It will soon begin to rain.

But compared with England...

In England was costing him a lot of adapt?

I think that I never I conclude to adapt to what, more than anything for the food, the climate... Here, the only thing that there is difference from Valencia is the climate. The rest is all great. I can tell you that I am very well.

Speaks of the colleagues, who do you associated better within and outside?

Inside with all. Are very big players. And outside, I would almost say that too, but good, maybe because we are Valencians and now we live glued with Albentosa. Also with Juanfran, with Borja, Andone... I am a person to do a lot of pineapple with colleagues. Always i spent a lot of time with them.

Play, music, reading...

Above all, I watch movies and football. I see almost everything. I love.

Already have equipment of the Comunio?

What I have, I have (laughs).

And has been snapped up?

I snapped up, I can tell you that I trust me (more laughter).

Has had to pay a lot?

It was not very expensive. Well, OK. Is well. Enough to buy.

What that goal or assistance that dreams with star in the Dépor?

A golito against the Eibar would not be bad. Thus start at the Riazor.

Already played here with the Valencia. What memories do you have?

I was impressed with the environment that had. But good, we painted the smiley. We lost 3-0, as well as a remembrance somewhat bitter.

Have some recollection of the Dépor?

Yes. The first memories that I have of the Centenariazo Dépor are and the Milanazo. I remember that computer that were Valerón, Makaay..

Close your eyes and the first footballer of Dépor that comes to mind is...

Probably Valerón

Said that is passionate about football. What football do you like?

Good football.

And what is good football for you?

The attractive football, of attack. It is not that it is good football, but that I like to see me. The always try to make gol. Be daring.

We are going, that to play you better teams offensive that defensive.

If it serves to win in the end is the important thing. You adapt to all. To the attack we like partnering, having the ball, but there are times and moments.

Under-21 international, do you see yourself in the Absolute?

I stayed at the sub-21, but in the end it has to be a step behind another. The selection is very far.

That realism and live with our feet on the ground going in your character or they have inculcated at home?

I have always been so. I think that is by how we have formed and educated my parents. By the environment. I have always been a normal kid, with my friends and family. It has helped me not to see another reality. I stand by my friends always. In fact, five are here, have come to see me debut tomorrow.

And if you do not debuts?

It will wait.

http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/torremarathon/2016/08/18/me-fichado-equipo-comunio-digo-confio-mi/0003_201608G18P35991.htm

• Like 1

On 20/08/2016 at 04:29, Fab said:

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016 at 16:17, Michael118 said:

There are so many examples of players who nobody rated at one club, they move to another and all of a sudden they transform into quality players. They were never poor players at the first club but for a variety of factors which are too many to mention their talent emerges at the new club because it was always there from the start under the surface or untapped. Marc Albrighton is one of those players and Carles Gil is another.

Is struggling to get off their bench.

20 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I thought he was a bit rubbish, but I don't think we should have let him go until we bought a replacement. We didn't. He still could probably have done a bit of a job in the Championship. 

He basically refused to play for us. His agent publicly told everyone he had no intention of playing in the championship. Over hyped rubbish.

Â