Carles Gil

bose

Always thought he seemed technically gifted and skilled player, but sadly he just doesn't have the pace on the ball to be effective.

There are loads of successful players in the the same type and size as his, but they are all a bit quicker and just better at what they do.

Also he wasn't helped by being surrounded by a team of players who lack any sort of movement or a manager with a clear attacking tactic.

My lasting impression of him will be him sticking his thumb up with a smile in the backseat of Grealish's car whilst Tshibola is Snapchatting him after saying "Gilly".

Polite & total pro who isn't suited to British football. Good luck going forward Carles.

• Like 3

May be the right move for him and us, trusting RDM and Clarke who know the league, but feel a little sad and unsettled about him going - probably because we are losing one of more talented players who was great on the eye and capable of that moment of brilliance.  I do wish him well -

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

As much as he wasn't suited to the Premier League, I think he will absolutely flourish for Depor and I think he'll be a brilliant signing for them.  I think his time here will have acclimatised him to physicality and he'll only be better over there for that experience.  Technically superb player evidenced by the belters he scored for us.  It's such a pity he couldn't exert more influence on games for us.  Undoubtedly not helped by being in the worst Villa side in my lifetime.  A luxury player who needed more steel and grit around him.  I wish him well and I will smile if and when I see him lighting it up over there.

Indeed.  It's a shame we never saw Grealish, Gil and Adama behind Ayew as a front 4 to see what havoc they could bring.  We'd need some beasts in midfield to protect the defence which we've never had.

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Unfortunately, he only shot once every 6 months. The fact that they all flew in is almost irrelevant.

Not bad considering he was played in his correct position for a full 90 mins about once every six months.

Edited by Michael118

2 hours ago, BOF said:

As much as he wasn't suited to the Premier League, I think he will absolutely flourish for Depor and I think he'll be a brilliant signing for them.  I think his time here will have acclimatised him to physicality and he'll only be better over there for that experience.  

whos that spanish central midfielder who played for the baggies, did nothing special, moved back to mallorca looked a world beater and got himself a move i think to fiorentina?

pretty much exactly what you're saying

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

whos that spanish central midfielder who played for the baggies, did nothing special, moved back to mallorca looked a world beater and got himself a move i think to fiorentina?

pretty much exactly what you're saying

Borja Valero

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

He may go on to have a fantastic career but it won't be in England or any other League like it.

That's a myth.

He has all the tools to make it in the premier league and will if he gets another chance.

My biggest issue with him was how easily he got pushed off the ball and as a result went missing in games. I thought he may be like Silva or Aguero or Sanchez who despite their size can ride challenges etc. He couldn't do that.

4 minutes ago, omariqy said:

My biggest issue with him was how easily he got pushed off the ball and as a result went missing in games. I thought he may be like Silva or Aguero or Sanchez who despite their size can ride challenges etc. He couldn't do that.

Aguero and Sanchez are a bit stockier than Gil but I take your point.

Unfortunately his physical attributes, or lack of, are his downfall.

Â