Carles Gil

bose

This great player deserves his own youtube compilation.

There were none, so I made one.

I could watch him all day

Just oozes quality

i've watched that vid 3 times now. it is genuinely weird seeing such natural ability in a Villa shirt. I thought Delph was good in tight situations with the ball at his feet but this guy is on a whole different level!

He's great to watch. I just really don't understand how Valencia saw nothing in him... Surely a player like him would flourish in La Liga?

Apologies to those who have already seen me write something very similar before, but Valencia only have so many places available in their squad and they already have a number of similar players for his position.

They'd previously had him out on loan so knew what they could expect of him. Effectively they sent Fede Cartabia out on loan instead this season to make room for Carles, this being before their new backer was confirmed. Valencia are now signing from a different pool of players and I also imagine they would think, like I do, that Fede Cartabia is a better player. 

He would no doubt have flourished in La Liga. But not at that level.

• Like 1

I'm sure I remember reading something about Valencia being loathe to letting him go as he was a top talent but his contract was running down and he just wasn't getting first team action due to other players in his position being better.

He's great to watch. I just really don't understand how Valencia saw nothing in him... Surely a player like him would flourish in La Liga?

Apologies to those who have already seen me write something very similar before, but Valencia only have so many places available in their squad and they already have a number of similar players for his position.

They'd previously had him out on loan so knew what they could expect of him. Effectively they sent Fede Cartabia out on loan instead this season to make room for Carles, this being before their new backer was confirmed. Valencia are now signing from a different pool of players and I also imagine they would think, like I do, that Fede Cartabia is a better player. 

He would no doubt have flourished in La Liga. But not at that level.

Thanks for the insight. No surprise that I don't watch La Liga :P

Â