New manager

reykjavik

The issue we have is I can't imagine any established manager is going to come in and risk their reputation without a massive contract and assurances on transfer budgets. I think we will be able to tell about the future of the club by the appointment that is made because even if we go with another young and hungry manager instead we can assume that a change from the norm in terms of financially backing is not on the way.

Totally agree, yes we have a big club reputation but pretty much everything else looks shite apart perhaps from having a half decent squad.

Yep, it's the half decent reputation that will attract the young and hungry manager just as it did Lambert. Sherwood would literally be the worst appointment, not because he is the worst manager available, but more because it is just the easiest option. Unless of course we just get him in, hope he keeps us up and then sack him in the summer and get our preferred target.

I honestly think they'll have a pop at trying to get Moyes back but will probably fall short.

The issue we have is I can't imagine any established manager is going to come in and risk their reputation without a massive contract and assurances on transfer budgets. I think we will be able to tell about the future of the club by the appointment that is made because even if we go with another young and hungry manager instead we can assume that a change from the norm in terms of financially backing is not on the way.

Totally agree, yes we have a big club reputation but pretty much everything else looks shite apart perhaps from having a half decent squad.

I wouldn't call 4 or 5 decent players a half decent squad but agree with the rest.

Not for a top eight finish I agree but well capable of being comfortably mid table hence the need for Lambert to go.

Yep, it's the half decent reputation that will attract the young and hungry manager just as it did Lambert. Sherwood would literally be the worst appointment, not because he is the worst manager available, but more because it is just the easiest option. Unless of course we just get him in, hope he keeps us up and then sack him in the summer and get our preferred target.

I honestly think they'll have a pop at trying to get Moyes back but will probably fall short.

I think you are probably right, we should not the any manager just because they are available like Sherwood but I suspect that is what will ultimately happen, Whilst I agree with Lambert going this has all the hallmarks of another Lerner botched succession plan.

Added to that I can't see many managers wanting a temporary role with the prospect of the sack in the summer for a 'better' candidate. Unless of course they get offered a load of cash. 

More than a little worrying the voting in Birmingham mail has Klinsmann as the favourite. Dreadful, dreadful club manager. Would probably preferred Lambert to stick the course instead. Fortunately it's as likely as Klinsmann leaves his job in the US and someone on here getting the job I think.

More than a little worrying the voting in Birmingham mail has Klinsmann as the favourite. Dreadful, dreadful club manager. Would probably preferred Lambert to stick the course instead. Fortunately it's as likely as Klinsmann leaves his job in the US and someone on here getting the job I think.

It wouldn't surprise me if not a single manager on that list in the Birmingham Mail poll were even being considered.

Edited by Stevo985

I don't think we're gonna see another english/scottish/irish manager this time, as the picture I've gotten from Tom Fox is that he's bright enough to know/see that they're not exciting or capable to rise above the mediocrity. When was the last time we've had succesful english/scottish/irish manager in PL beside SFA?

Managers from the UK/GB are dour, boring, mediocre and limited, so I think we're gonna get german, spanish or dutch manager this time who is dynamic, passionate, youngish but experienced and who will bring new ideas.

From that statement i'm guessing you are either drunk or no nothing about Klinsmanns managerial career!

He has only ever managed one club side... Bayern Munich who he left because he had a fall out with due to ideas.

"In July 2008 Klinsmann took over as coach of Bayern Munich, succeeding Ottmar Hitzfeld.[30] Klinsmann helped design a new player development and performance center for Bayern and then launched into molding the team for the Bundesliga and UEFA Champions League campaigns. Under his guidance, Bayern reached the quarter final of the Champions League, losing to eventual champion FC Barcelona.

Bayern's record during the 2008–09 UEFA Champions League was six wins, three draws, and one loss (to Barcelona). In the Bundesliga, Bayern was only three points off first place, with five matches to play, when Klinsmann was replaced as head coach due to a difference of opinion with the club's board of directors. Bayern's record under Klinsmann during the 2008–09 Bundesliga season was 16 wins, six draws, and seven losses"

I've wanted Klinsmann since Mon walked out and i still want him today... 

• Like 2

Klinsmann would be interesting.

A bit like Sherwood, his managerial career (club wise) is so short it's dangerous to base assumptions on it. Bayern are such a big club that you'd think any decent manager would have a good record there.

I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a shot. Just keep Bosnich away.

I don't think we're gonna see another english/scottish/irish manager this time, as the picture I've gotten from Tom Fox is that he's bright enough to know/see that they're not exciting or capable to rise above the mediocrity. When was the last time we've had succesful english/scottish/irish manager in PL beside SFA?

Managers from the UK/GB are dour, boring, mediocre and limited, so I think we're gonna get german, spanish or dutch manager this time who is dynamic, passionate, youngish but experienced and who will bring new ideas.

Those stereotypes are just awful.

• Like 3

Just a thought I have been having. When was the last time we had a manager leave us to take a "better" job. My memory makes graham taylor to england as the last one. The reason I ask that is because if another club ie Man Utd or a job like england came up and they wanted our manager that would suggest we have been doing well. On that basis either we have appointed generally crap managers or the board have not supported the manager as they should or a combination of the two.

I know staying in the division is of paramount importance....but if in the long run you want to make the club attractive to a potential buyer I would say you are more likely to go for a swashbuckling attacking minded manager who plays attractive football and creates an engaged fanbase as that is going to get us on the radar a lot more than a tony pulis like manager.