New manager

reykjavik

i live in Ireland and I despise Celtic/Rangers and their fans and Neil Lennon is the posterboy for Old Firm wankerness.

Cant be a coincidence that Henrik Larsson or Stilian Petrov or even Martin O'Neill never got into any  trouble when they played in Scotland

I'm from the north and I dislike the Old Firm also,such a waste of time with the feral dislike for one another. However, I fail to see how the decisions of these people in their careers should taint their characters. Yes, they may be poster boys but I fail to see how the fact the fans may have scumbag element also makes the players/managers guilty by association.

My rant is as much a rant as someone saying they don't want Sherwood at the club. I have put a bit more emotion to it granted, but when I seen his name linked, it truly made my blood boil. Do we all not feel as much passion about this club? Is there truly anything wrong with expressing it. I never called him an ass hole as I have been accused of doing. I have had enough of seeing a club dragged to the depths it has over the years. His appointment would be another step backwards and after 40 years + supporting the club it would be enough to call it quits on Villa and football in general. Like us all, I miss the days of turning heads when we played, the holte roaring and hurting my ears when I had the pleasure of being there. I don't care if we are mid table. I want all villa fans to feel the pain when we lose not because we are useless but because we were unlucky. Will Lennon bring those days back. Not a chance!!!!!!!

Edited by RAN4OSU

Krulak has launched a scathing attack on Lambo apparently (The Sun).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6331111/LAMBS-FULL-OF-BULL.html

PAUL LAMBERT has been accused of talking ‘hogwash’ by an Aston Villa director.

In an amazing attack, owner Randy Lerner’s right-hand man General Charles Krulak claimed:

Lambert WAS given cash to buy players he wanted.

The dressing room had lost faith in him.

The team had become boring.

Lambert was axed as manager by Lerner on Wednesday after dropping into the relegation zone. The Scot suggested he was hamstrung because of cost-cutting at Villa Park.

That infuriated Vietnam War hero Krulak, who said: “This idea Randy had not put money into the club and that Paul’s hands were tied is simply not true. It’s hogwash.

“Paul took the job knowing he had good, experienced players, Agbonlahor, Bent, N’Zogbia, even if they were expensive.

“But he argued he needed a group of fresh young players.

“Randy backed him to bring in six to eight players in that first year or so.

“And the club’s net spend during Paul’s tenure was the highest of ANY manager Randy has had, even Martin O’Neill. That is the reality.”

Krulak, 72, said Lerner decided to axe Lambert after hearing the views of fans and players.

He said: “Randy was loathe to remove a manager mid-campaign.

“But there was this intensely strong feeling, not least from players and fans, Villa should be doing a lot better. Paul was just not bringing the team together.

“Randy wants a team that — win, lose or draw — is fun to watch. But the opposite was true.”

Smells of bullshit to me! Dressing it up, when in fact Lambert had limited funds, was obviously working under a remit. I like Lambert as a person, the was just no need to have a dig at him after he gave such a glowing reference of us as a club. Edited by supermon
  • Like 1

They had a chance to keep this parting classy, but ... too irresistible not to feed dirt to the Sun. Reflects badly on the backroom.

A circus.

• Like 2

That's just what he thinks then, nothing to make me change my mind on Lambert as a person.

Seems the players turned on him IF that is true.

I'm not sure if it is, but I'm not sure what PR reasons Krulak would have for coming out with this. Maybe it's without the club's blessings he does seem like a bit of lose cannon sometimes. Wouldn't be surprised if there's some sort of statement tomorrow from the club denying this or saying that Krulak's words have been taken out of context.

• Like 1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6331111/LAMBS-FULL-OF-BULL.html

PAUL LAMBERT has been accused of talking ‘hogwash’ by an Aston Villa director.

In an amazing attack, owner Randy Lerner’s right-hand man General Charles Krulak claimed:

Lambert WAS given cash to buy players he wanted.

The dressing room had lost faith in him.

The team had become boring.

Lambert was axed as manager by Lerner on Wednesday after dropping into the relegation zone. The Scot suggested he was hamstrung because of cost-cutting at Villa Park.

That infuriated Vietnam War hero Krulak, who said: “This idea Randy had not put money into the club and that Paul’s hands were tied is simply not true. It’s hogwash.

“Paul took the job knowing he had good, experienced players, Agbonlahor, Bent, N’Zogbia, even if they were expensive.

“But he argued he needed a group of fresh young players.

“Randy backed him to bring in six to eight players in that first year or so.

“And the club’s net spend during Paul’s tenure was the highest of ANY manager Randy has had, even Martin O’Neill. That is the reality.”

Krulak, 72, said Lerner decided to axe Lambert after hearing the views of fans and players.

He said: “Randy was loathe to remove a manager mid-campaign.

“But there was this intensely strong feeling, not least from players and fans, Villa should be doing a lot better. Paul was just not bringing the team together.

“Randy wants a team that — win, lose or draw — is fun to watch. But the opposite was true.”

Smells of bullshit to me! Dressing it up, when in fact Lambert had limited funds, was obviously working under a remit. I like Lambert as a person, the was just no need to have a dig at him after he gave such a glowing reference of us as a club.

Poor form. I think Lambert meant what he said too. Shame this clown who disappeared after his own 'hogwash' on this very forum comes out to say that... get rid of him off out of our club too.

Edited by KSV
  • Like 4

I'm quite annoyed about what Krulak has said, made us look petty. Not a great advert whilst trying to search for a new manager!!!

Krulak's an absolute cockwomble!! The guy knows nothing about football!! He kept calling it soccer on here and that McLeish was a brilliant manager that was going to lead us to glory!!

He needs to learn to shut his mouth, when going got tough and Villatalk asked questions he ran off like the clearing in the woods he is!!

Every year or so we hear him opening that big trap of his to the media when his opinion should not even make the papers to be fair!!

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 4

The country will now think we're a circus, disgraceful behavior from the board from the way Lambo was sacked to this bull**** statement. We know there was no money to spend, the idea he had money to spend but refused to use it is ridiculous even at a base level, why would he tie his own hands? I wanted him to go but I feel sorry for him now.

I'm quite annoyed about what Krulak has said, made us look petty. Not a great advert whilst trying to search for a new manager!!!

Spot on. But I expect nothing less from that idiot.

But we can still finish 4th