New manager

reykjavik

First-team coach Scott Marshall and goalkeeping coach Andy Marshall will continue to prepare the squad for Sunday's FA Cup tie with Leicester City at Villa Park.

Will continue to prepare? So not definitely taking charge on Sunday...

I'd take Lennon in a heartbeat. Doing a fantastic job at Bolton and done really well at Celtic. He also signed a lot of cheap young talent from abroad and sold them for huge profits which is a model we should be trying to follow. Don't know if he'd leave Bolton so soon though

First-team coach Scott Marshall and goalkeeping coach Andy Marshall will continue to prepare the squad for Sunday's FA Cup tie with Leicester City at Villa Park.

Will continue to prepare? So not definitely taking charge on Sunday...

All that means is "have not been sacked"

Sean Dyche is now second favourite apparently.

I don't see us going yet again for a young promising manager when it failed last time, plus it is 2/3rs into a difficult season for us. Burnely would fight very hard to keep him as well and is Villa a big step up for Dyche at present?  We need someone to come in straight away, probably have contacts for some good coaching staff, and be able to keep us up. Nothing else matters,we are not interested in any visions, plans, or philosophies. This is a straight fire fighting job.

Bascially we should have let Lambert go about a month ago, held our noses and got Pullis in.

Sean Dyche is now second favourite apparently.

Definitely would. His players form the most organised, hard working side in the league outside of Chelsea. They have the fire.

He'd keep us up I think. From there who knows, but we have to pick somebody and I think there will be an element of risk with whoever we appoint.