Pre match thread

roonst83

Last chance saloon for Gabby and Andi I'd imagine.

You must be new here

Ha. I'm pretty sure if they don't cut the mustard today, especially given the amount of games we've played at least one of them will be rotated out. Probably wishful thinking though :P

Puncheon normally does quite well against us and Bolasie is very impressive so think they will cause us some problems but would be disappointed if we didn't take 3 point from this.

Let's see Villa score more than 1 goal and keep 11 men on the pitch please!

Edited by Brumstopdogs

10/15 mins left and off come Cleverly and Wiemann whom have both done **** all again all game for Cole and Grealish to save a point against the mighty Palace.

Cleverley and Weimann offer a lot more defensively than Cole and Grealish. Useful to have someone tracking back helping against Puncheon.

Not saying we should be that defensive, or that a centre forward should have to even think about tracking runs, but it's not like they don't offer anything.

10/15 mins left and off come Cleverly and Wiemann whom have both done **** all again all game for Cole and Grealish to save a point against the mighty Palace.

Cleverley and Weimann offer a lot more defensively than Cole and Grealish. Useful to have someone tracking back helping against Puncheon.

Not saying we should be that defensive, or that a centre forward should have to even think about tracking runs, but it's not like they don't offer anything.

This is exactly why we don't score goals chap. Eeveryone defensive minded!!

FWIW I agree.

FWIW I agree.

I would agree when playing the top 8/10 teams in the league but not teams like Palace etc.

#AVFC (v @CPFC): Guzan, Hutton, Vlaar, Okore, Cissokho, Sanchez, Bacuna, Cleverley, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke. #AVFCLIVE

:blink:

Really don't get why Weimann should be singled out, he's won us games this season in goals and assists. 

Are we just looking for a new scapegoat now that Clark's and Baker's game has picked up? Bennett and Luna not about so Weimann is now public enemy number one? One of our own academy products?

Classy.

• Like 1

Urrrrgh Weimann starts again.

If in doubt, start the same front three who have failed to score consistently this season.

Only thing I predict is Aston Villa 0 whilst we have Gabby, Andi and Benteke as a front 3