Pre match thread

roonst83

More than likely Palace will have a new manager in place for this game and we all know what happens when a team gets a new manager. We struggled at their place and without Westwood and Delph I think we'll struggle again. The pace of Bolassie and Zaha will cause us problems. With our inability to create chances and with the new manager syndrome means I think we'll really be up against it to win. Will be a close game - and I'm just hoping we don't lose yet another player to a red card or injury.

Draw at best for me, sadly.

• Like 1

Grealish has to start for me, Gabby by default on the other side of Benteke simply due to Weimann and N'zogbia being so poor when they start now.

Don't really want Cleverley starting again but think he'll have to with the Delph red and rather Bacuna than Richardson given we're at home.

Clark went off with an injury so looks like Okore will start which is no issue.

What's happened to some of the injuries, wasn't Westwood suppose to be only 3 weeks so he musn't bee far off returning? Thought Senderos was supposed to be back by now aswell not that we're desperate there. I would've said Joe Cole aswell but no shock a 33 year old is taking longer to recover from a short term injury.

I actually think we'll beat Palace. They're only good counter attacking aswell so we'll get a lot more space and surely create some better chances today. An incredibly high scoring 3-1 win.

Let's hope we can start 2015 with a win in what is hopefully a good year for us.

Our record on New Year's Day (or on the first fixture of a new year) is historically pretty good.
I still remember when we played Swansea on January 1st, after a poor December run (hardly a surprise), we were seconds away from winning then Danny **** Graham equalised. It felt like a loss.

__________________________Guzan________________________

____Hutton________Okore_____________Vlaar_____Cissokho____
_________________________Sanchez________________________
_____________Bacuna__________________Cleverly_____________
___Gabby_______________________________________Grealish___
_________________________Benteke__________________________

• Like 2

----------------Guzan

Hutton---Vlaar----Clark----Cissokho

---------------Sanchez

--Bacuna----Cleverley-----Grealish

----------Gabby----Benteke

This, but I think Clark went off with a knock so put Okore in. My first home game for the season, will no doubt have a terrible hangover so I hope it's not as dire as yesterday.

------------------Guzan-----------------

--Hutton---Okore---Vlaar--Cissokho-

--------------------Clark------------------

------Bacuna-----------------Gabby----

------------------Sanchez-----------------

----------Benteke------Grealish-------- 

If sanchez can clean up the mess and create from the defence to midfield then play him in the midfield to strikers link! 

------------------Guzan-----------------

--Hutton---Okore---Vlaar--Cissokho-

--------------------Sanchez------------------

------Bacuna-----------------Cleverley----

------------------Grealish-----------------

----------Benteke------Gabby--------

keeper.png
Guzan
home.png
Hutton
home.png
Okore
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Cissokho
home.png
Bacuna
home.png
Clark
home.png
Sanchez
home.png
Grealish
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Agbonlahor

I think we'll get two early surprising goals in the first fifteen minutes before sitting far too deep but passing it around and keeping possession until Grealish scores his first in front of the Holte in the last ten minutes.

3-0   :flag: