Pre match thread

roonst83

-------------------------Guzan-------------------------

--Hutton-----Vlaar-----------Okore------------Ally--

----------------------Sanchez--------------------------

----Gabby------------Cole----------Cleverley-------

-----------------------Grealish--------------------------

-----------------------Benteke--------------------------

Just bought tickets for this and really looking forward to it. I'm not sure why though as I was at the Sunderland game and can't see this one being any different. 

I made the same mistake... I know Im gonna wear an extra pair of socks, thats for sure

• Like 1

If Grealish doesn't start after his performance as part of a 10 man team on Sunday, something is very wrong.

This. 

I said after the Swansea game that despite Lambert preferring to bring on Grealish as a sub on boxing day than Nzogbia, i'd still expect him to start Nzogbia against Sunderland - which he did. Its a strange method of thinking in my opinion. Anyone who was at Sunderland saw how much of a direct impact Grealish had when he came on..and that was with 10 men. Grealish deserves a starting role on Thursday - he's still an unknown quantity for teams and is one of the only players who is positive in his approach. The crowd love him too and makes for a better atmosphere and more encouragment - all of which we need to try and get past Palace.

• Like 4

Looks like it is back to the normal crowd this season after the excitement of a Man United- Sunderland double header. Will do well to scrape over 30,000 for this one.  We need a win. Can we score a goal to do this? Hopefully.

Yeah, Time of year and all that, surrounded with royal shitness football all season again.

Should have offered a incentive deal for attending this game that got you a Blackpool ticket half price or kids for a quid etc. 

Would have probably got 35-40k at both games. 

Wake up Mr Fox, Don't tell us about the clubs ideas and visions… Show Us!

Edited by Kingman

Looks like it is back to the normal crowd this season after the excitement of a Man United- Sunderland double header. Will do well to scrape over 30,000 for this one.  We need a win. Can we score a goal to do this? Hopefully.

Yeah, Time of year and all that, surrounded with royal shitness football all season again.

Should have offered a incentive deal for attending this game that got you a Blackpool ticket half price or kids for a quid etc. 

Would have probably got 35-40k at both games. 

Wake up Mr Fox, Don't tell us about the clubs ideas and visions… Show Us!

When we are conistently pulling lower crowds than Sunderland and West Ham, it makes you understand the amount of work Mr Fox has on his plate.

As for the game hopefully a decent win and a follow up win on Sunday could pull a few punters back for the scousepool match.

surely a bit of squad rotation is required. He even said they were running on empty and we have had to work harder with so many reds lately.

Bacuna must come in the engine room.

I would play

---------------------Guzan-------------------

Hutton----Vlaar------Okore----Cissohko

------------Bacuna----Sanchez------------

---------------------Cole----------------------

Agbonlahor-----------------------Grealish

-------------------Benteke-------------------

Normally two of Cleverley Delph Westwood Richardson would play in midfield.. they are all very similar and dont offer anything different in attack. Its no surprise when more than 2 of them are playing with Sanchez we dont score often.

I am expecting: 

---------------------Guzan-------------------

Hutton----Vlaar------Okore----Cissohko

------------Richardson----Sanchez--------

---------------------Cleverley----------------

Wiemann-----------------------Gabby-----

-------------------Benteke-------------------

Edited by KSV

• Aston Villa have only scored two goals their last five league meetings with Crystal Palace combined.
  • The Eagles have scored exactly once in each of their last four league trips to Villa Park.
  • Aston Villa are unbeaten in their last six matches on New Year's Day in the Premier League (W4 D2).
  • Aston Villa scored only 11 goals in the first half of the 2014-15 PL season. The lowest scorers in an entire Premier League season are Derby in 2007-08 with 20.
  • Neil Warnock posted a win percentage of 19% in the Premier League at Palace, compared to Tony Pulis's rate of 42%.
  • Palace have the lowest pass completion of any Premier League team this season (68%).
  • Crystal Palace have exactly the same number of points that they had at the halfway stage of the 2013-14 season (16 points from 19 games); they ended last season in 11th place.
  • Gabriel Agbonlahor has scored against 32 of the 35 different teams that he has faced in the Premier League; but Palace are one of the three sides he is yet to score against (in three PL apps). The other teams he's failed to net against in the PL are Cardiff and Leicester.
  • Of the 17 ever-present sides in the Premier League during 2014, Aston Villa scored the fewest goals (32) in the calendar year.
  • Crystal Palace have won just one of their last 13 Premier League matches (W1 D5 L7). 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/aston-villa-v-crystal-palace/winner

• Like 1