All New Funny Pics Thread - Clean Edition

Xann

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

that took me way too long

I'm still a long way behind you :wacko:

Edited by choffer
Ah - much simpler than I was expecting. I was looking for something actually funny :)

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

that took me way too long

Some people can visualise those things really easily, others can't. I can, and I still remember there being a question like that in my 'A' Level General Studies exam. Much more complicated picture of a machine full of cogs and levers, and questions about what what would happen when you 'turn the lever'. I thought it was a piece of piss, but some of my mates were completely baffled. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Some people can visualise those things really easily, others can't. I can, and I still remember there being a question like that in my 'A' Level General Studies exam. Much more complicated picture of a machine full of cogs and levers, and questions about what what would happen when you 'turn the lever'. I thought it was a piece of piss, but some of my mates were completely baffled. 

Think I preferred the Mike Tyson jokes if I’m honest 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I think the easiest way to explain how I personally work out gear stuff is to follow a leading edge until it meets another gear and 'go with the flow'.  Like below, starting at the top of the big wheel in this example.  You quickly get two opposing arrows on the big wheel.

65b168cbba16607e8f1ae817e0d2a1bc.png

46 minutes ago, choffer said:

I'm still a long way behind you :wacko:

teachers and students will push the parents cog opposite ways. I spent ages looking for a spelling mistake and then I thought surely all these people dont find it entertaining because the bell isnt connected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

teachers and students will push the parents cog opposite ways. I spent ages looking for a spelling mistake and then I thought surely all these people dont find it entertaining because the bell isnt connected.

Exactly my thought process. When I didn't see it, I gave up. I was mostly looking for a typo or a bell-related joke.

I thought there WAS a spelling mistake, and that I was being really clever in noticing the cogs wouldn't work.

I was waiting for somebody to point out the spelling mistake so I could swoop in and show off my big brain.

Turns out "Parents" isn't misspelt and I'm just a cocky word removed

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yep, instant for me, not even any real conscious thought process.

I'm the same with some other visual clues, colour coded stuff I think i'm weirdly good at. My wife will ask what floor we've parked on in a multi storey car park, my answer will always be 'blue' or 'green' if the floors have colours. If it's all the same colour I have to take a photo of the sign with the floor number on.

Per centages, for some reason I can just do those pretty much instantaneously, but struggle to explain to others how to do them. The old 17.5% vat was absolutely no issue for me.

But then, algebra I have just never fathomed. At its most basic level, I'm out. Stick a letter in to some maths and the mental shutters just come down.

Ask me what 2a + 1b is and I genuinely wouldn't know if that's even a trick impossible question or something. 

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Yep, instant for me, not even any real conscious thought process.

I'm the same with some other visual clues, colour coded stuff I think i'm weirdly good at. My wife will ask what floor we've parked on in a multi storey car park, my answer will always be 'blue' or 'green' if the floors have colours. If it's all the same colour I have to take a photo of the sign with the floor number on.

Per centages, for some reason I can just do those pretty much instantaneously, but struggle to explain to others how to do them. The old 17.5% vat was absolutely no issue for me.

But then, algebra I have just never fathomed. At its most basic level, I'm out. Stick a letter in to some maths and the mental shutters just come down.

Ask me what 2a + 1b is and I genuinely wouldn't know if that's even a trick impossible question or something. 

Sounds like my mother. She never grasped the idea of algebra. For her, numbers were for maths, letters were for words.

I tried explaining it, and the conversation would go something like:

Her: "You CAN'T add 'x' to 'y' that's a stupid idea". 

Me: But you actually do it all the time, like if you're working out the unit price of something. If something costs £5.00 for ten, you can call the unit price 'x' until you've worked out that x = 5.00/10. 

Her: But I don't WANT to call it 'x' ! 

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

2a + 1b = 2a + 1b. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Somewhat prophetically, the spatial variations section (for that was its official title) in one of my GS exams (The A level one IIRC) was on how a taxi meter worked. Possibly the only thing that ever came up in my exams that was of any use in later life and it was in an exam you couldn't revise for!

• Like 1

On 12/04/2019 at 13:30, Seat68 said:

Me too.  Really ground my gears when I worked it out. 

Â