2015 Holiday Plans

Xela

Whats the leg room like on these virgin Atlantic flights, the reviews on skytrax are less than complimentary on the whole, but a lot of the bad reviews seem to centre more about being seated by the toilets rather than lack of leg room, are the seats comparable to those on a Ryanair flight which has exceptional leg room to me or a Thomas cook which felt like I was a sardine

I'm 6ft3, just wondering if I should pay for the extra leg room?

• 2 weeks later...

Not a holiday as such but i'm off to Wudangshan, China for three weeks later this month.

Going to be doing some intensive training in Taijiquan, Wudang Quan and Five Animals Qigong averaging about 6-8 hours per day...it's going to be one hell of an experience. I've been out there a few times before and around some other parts in China training so I'm really looking forward to it.

Wudang-Shan.jpgWudangshan%20%28244%29.jpg

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 1

Planning some pretty exciting holidays this year (well, for me anyway - not so much for Tony...)

In April, I've got 3 nights in Rome, 3 nights at Lake Como, followed by the train to St Anton in Austria for the last 4 days of the ski season (probably won't do loads of skiing as the snow might have disappeared, but will definitely be partaking in a lot of apres). 

Then just started planning a trip to Argentina in October - looking to fit in Buenos Aires, Patagonia and Mendoza over 2 weeks, may be a little more.

Any tips from those who've been?

Tony not sure if you've already booked as this is a bit old but I've been to Kracow and Warsaw before so to add my two pence.

I'd definitely go back to Kracow but wouldn't be hurrying back to Warsaw. It's basically one massive admittedly fairly impressive building and other than that a fairly sterile communist city. The building itself isn't a huge amount to look at inside, there are some nice gardens etc dotted around but I was left feeling pretty uninspired whereas Kracow was tons of fun and somewhere I've been a few times now, more through other people's choice than mine.

Anyway seeing as you seem to be visiting the entire planet at some point in your life you may as well knock Warsaw off the list but personally I wouldn't go out of your way

• Like 1

Booked up for a week in Los cristianos yesterday in June and thinking of a city break in Rome in July. Anyone ever been?

Rome is incredible. There is so much to see. We went for a week and still didn't see everything we wanted to!
  • Like 1

Don't spend more than a day in Belgrade would be my advice.

WHy miff? My friend wants to do is stag there next year should i advise him not to?

I got the impression that they didn't particularly like the English from a lot of them and as for going out there wasn't too much there. We hovered about by Republik Square both nights we were there (perhaps through our own fault of not really moving about) but it was just a bit dull really. 

Tony not sure if you've already booked as this is a bit old but I've been to Kracow and Warsaw before so to add my two pence.

I'd definitely go back to Kracow but wouldn't be hurrying back to Warsaw. It's basically one massive admittedly fairly impressive building and other than that a fairly sterile communist city. The building itself isn't a huge amount to look at inside, there are some nice gardens etc dotted around but I was left feeling pretty uninspired whereas Kracow was tons of fun and somewhere I've been a few times now, more through other people's choice than mine.

Anyway seeing as you seem to be visiting the entire planet at some point in your life you may as well knock Warsaw off the list but personally I wouldn't go out of your way

Yeah I worked with a polish guy years back who said Warsaw wasn't worth the trip but It's mainly as LOT fly direct to Yerevan and it seemed as good a way as any to come home and seeing as I would be there I may as well have a visit.... Thought it had a few old castles ? Is there any WWII stuff there or has it all been demolished ?

Kraków ive been to a couple of times and quite like it , the salt mines were worth the trip alone...but a pleasant place even when on a lads do !!

Hello all

I need some advice.  Now the Mrs is expecting our holiday plans have slightly changed.  We are looking to go away the week of the 13th April but hopefully (if possible) get back for the semi final.  Well I say we, I mean I.  Has anyone got any good recommendations? Somewhere hot and relaxing and not too far away as the Mrs doesn't want too travel on a long flight.  At the minute we are thinking maybe Sharm el Sheikh.

Don't spend more than a day in Belgrade would be my advice.

WHy miff? My friend wants to do is stag there next year should i advise him not to?

I got the impression that they didn't particularly like the English from a lot of them and as for going out there wasn't too much there. We hovered about by Republik Square both nights we were there (perhaps through our own fault of not really moving about) but it was just a bit dull really. 

This is mental.

Belgrade is absolutely rocking in the evening. The river is full of boats for boat parties, loads of bars and nightclubs in around the central square. Belgrade is a brilliant city. So much history there, Partizan and Red Star for a footy match and its incredibly good value. Never mind probably the most beautiful women to grace the planet. Milfner must have had a very bad experience, i've been three times on different road trips through the Balkans and had a brilliant expereince every time.

Air Malta had a bit of a one day sale yesterday, advertising flights 'from 44 euros'.

When I got on the site I found some for £19 so I bagged a few for later in the year. Returns were dearer, but 4 of us travelling at civilised hours out of Heathrow for a total less than £500 felt pretty decent. Although I guess I might just have paid £100 for in flight food and a diet coke if I compare it with Easy Jet prices. At that price we can sort out a hotel laters...

Easter we're going to do a few days up that London again. We'll do the usual walking tour, do a lap of Regents Park if the weather is ok, noodles in Camden Market, river taxi, black cab, red bus and maybe a show somewhere.

Anybody done the London Dungeon tour? Exactly how scary is it? Mixed reviews on websites, some saying terrifying some saying mehhh. I've got to convince the youngest its more Horrible Histories than Saw 3. 

Anyone been to Fuerteventura, myself and the missus both coming out of exams in the next few weeks and she cant make up here mind if she wants to do a touristy holiday or just a chill holiday. Anyone put me off it?

Anyone been to Fuerteventura, myself and the missus both coming out of exams in the next few weeks and she cant make up here mind if she wants to do a touristy holiday or just a chill holiday. Anyone put me off it?

Yep been there with the wife and kids about a year ago.

Bit windy but nice and sunny. Quite dry and arid there, it's a bit like being on the moon outside of the resorts

Nice modern airport and if you stay in Costa caleta / caleta de fuste it's about a 10 min transfer.

Very much a resort holiday but resorts are generally clean and modern. We stayed in the Barcelo thallaso spa which was a very nice hotel.

Mobile signal is brilliant there. You get HSPA+ 3g everywhere. Just a text when you land saying welcome to fuerteventura, this is how much data costs per GB.

Would definitely go back.

Booked Sharm el Sheikh for the Mrs and I.  Last holiday before the little one arrives (Inshallah!).  Booked Sunrise Grand Select Montemare as it has really good reviews on TripAdvisor and looks good.  Adult only too.  Got a good deal I think.  £1,250 all in for all inclusive and 5*.

• Like 1

Â