January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

delph out

Dembele in

Vlaar out

Bring in Sinclair & T.Hazard

Sinclair and Hazard are both awful.

On what basis is the latter awful?

Yeah though Baby Hazard was playing quite well for 'Gladbach.

Salah is one I'd looked at. Hardly played for Chelsea but was quality at Basle.

• Like 1

Januzaj is a bit lightweight.

Is this lol?

If this were football manager which it isn't!

I would have janujaz on loan and dembele.

If we sold Delph for 15m I'd buy cleverley for 5m and spend the other ten on a wide forward

We won't get £15m for a player with 6 months left on his contract. If he had 2 years left on it he would be worth that. The club should do its upmost to keep Delph as he will be really difficult to replace but if he wants a wage outside of our capabilities he will have to go. If this is the case then it is poor management as they should have known about this a long time ago - we could have sold him in the summer for a reasonable fee. 

I think signing Cleverly permanently would be good.

Salah OR Janujaz on loan would be decent but nothing more. A short term help for us but also for their parent club. 

Personally I think we should wait till the injured players are back and give some more game time to the youngsters. I'm disappointed not to sure more of Grealish and Robinson as they've shown great promise on loan. Why bring them back to sit on the bench? 

Yeah though Baby Hazard was playing quite well for 'Gladbach.

Salah is one I'd looked at. Hardly played for Chelsea but was quality at Basle.

He's been in and out of the team but is getting there. They want to make it permanent so he must be doing something right. Agree regarding Salah too, I'd love him here.

We need to spend big on a quality midfielder. We have a very big break of luck coming up for teams like ours in that all players in Russian League are going to be looking to leave NOW. With 7-8m we can mop up and pull in some quality players. 

There are quality defenders out there to replace Vlaar if need be. Cesar Navas, Salvatore Bocchetti, Serdar Tasci, and many other excellent targets out there.

In midfield there are players like Jose Manuel Jurado, Patrick Ebert, Tino Costa, Zoran Tosic, Rasmus Elm, Manuel Fernandes,  who honestly I think would all be better offensively than our current offensive midfield picks, mostly due to the poor level of our team in that regards.

There are also big guns we could go after with so many it's not unlikely at least one or two will end in smaller teams. You have Hulk, Witsel, Danny, Tymoshchuk, Maicon, Valbuena, Criscito, and Lombaerts who would make a excellent replacement for Vlaar IMO .

We need to focus on this it's a excellent chance to bringing in a quality attacking midfielder and that would put our team much more competitive and probably stop our worrying about relegation. 

• Like 3

I don't think we need to replace Vlaar even if he does get sold. Senderos, Baker, Clark, Okore, Herd, and Lowton can all play that spot. The first 4 are pretty good options. I'd rather use the money to get a proper winger and playmaker. 

• Like 1

We need to spend big on a quality midfielder. We have a very big break of luck coming up for teams like ours in that all players in Russian League are going to be looking to leave NOW. With 7-8m we can mop up and pull in some quality players.

There are quality defenders out there to replace Vlaar if need be. Cesar Navas, Salvatore Bocchetti, Serdar Tasci, and many other excellent targets out there.

In midfield there are players like Jose Manuel Jurado, Patrick Ebert, Tino Costa, Zoran Tosic, Rasmus Elm, Manuel Fernandes, who honestly I think would all be better offensively than our current offensive midfield picks, mostly due to the poor level of our team in that regards.

There are also big guns we could go after with so many it's not unlikely at least one or two will end in smaller teams. You have Hulk, Witsel, Danny, Tymoshchuk, Maicon, Valbuena, Criscito, and Lombaerts who would make a excellent replacement for Vlaar IMO .

We need to focus on this it's a excellent chance to bringing in a quality attacking midfielder and that would put our team much more competitive and probably stop our worrying about relegation.

Some of those names are not realistic at all. One of the problems as well with the Russian League is that quite often players are paid a fortune in wages to go there so are on huge contracts.

That said, Ivelin Popov who we were quite heavily linked with before is out of contract in 2015 and we could sign him on a pre-contract in January. Wonder if we will go back in for him ?

Cant think why anyone would want to take a united kid winger on loan when we have a fantastic talent here already. 

Id rather give Grealish the game time, even if he may not end up at the same level.

• Like 1

If cleverley is worth 7.5 or 8m with 6 months left Delph is worth 12 plus

It doesn't work like that, especially not in this case. A player is with whatever a club is willing to sell him for.

We agreed a fee for Cleverley in the summer. If we sign him in January for that fee it is because that is the fee we agreed with 12 months left on his contact, on the basis we don't want to fight for him on a free, or because it has already been signed, sealed and delivered.

Cant think why anyone would want to take a united kid winger on loan when we have a fantastic talent here already.

Id rather give Grealish the game time, even if he may not end up at the same level.

Will januzaj end up at the level he was originally touted for? I think the media got a bit excited, he is lightweight, he faded badly at the end of last season and now can't get a sniff, I don't think he's ready still, he needs game time and I don't think he'd be a guaranteed starter here which would make the hassle of actually getting here not worth it, so yeah pretty much the same as jack

Salah is a much better option, he'd play every week and there might be a slim chance that we could make it permanent

• Like 1

In midfield there are players like Jose Manuel Jurado, Patrick Ebert, Tino Costa, Zoran Tosic, Rasmus Elm, Manuel Fernandes, who honestly I think would all be better offensively than our current offensive midfield picks, mostly due to the poor level of our team in that regards.

Some of those names are not realistic at all. One of the problems as well with the Russian League is that quite often players are paid a fortune in wages to go there so are on huge contracts.

That said, Ivelin Popov who we were quite heavily linked with before is out of contract in 2015 and we could sign him on a pre-contract in January. Wonder if we will go back in for him ?

I think his point is that the Russian Ruble has lost something like 65 percent of it's value due to sanctions etc. Hence why these players may be available.

I think his point is that the Russian Ruble has lost something like 65 percent of it's value due to sanctions etc. Hence why these players may be available.

Even still, there would be bigger clubs than us in for the majority of those should they become available.

A cheeky offer couldn't hurt I suppose

• Like 1