Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

i hope Newcastle lose tomorrow as well. Would be nice if we could finish above them, especially after Carver's 'funny how things turn out comment' before they played us.

• Like 4

i hope Newcastle lose tomorrow as well. Would be nice if we could finish above them, especially after Carver's 'funny how things turn out comment' before they played us.

Good point. I would like that too.

• Like 3

I heard a Boggies fan on WM last weekend asking whose position you'd rather be in and how they were by far better placed - not sure he would be so confident after this weekend.

I do think we'll be fine, but until is mathematically certain, I won't let myself believe it.

UTV

• Like 2

Is it wrong that I want Ramsey to keep QPR up mostly because he's black? I have little opinion on him generally other than he seems like a nice bloke, but I want to see a black manager have a bit of actual success at the top level. I think it will be good for football generally. Odd that this is still a "thing" in 2015, but it is and we should face it IMO.

Probably a bit off topic.

We'd have to capitulate big time to go down now. The way we have been playing these last 2 months I can't see it, but I'm not hearing that fat lady sing just yet.

Ridiculous comment!
Why?
Because wanting someone to do better or worse because of their skin colour is a racist comment in itself. If racism is to be kicked out permanently, we need to stop treating black and white like it's a different species. By making comments like this it's actually creating a divide, people should just want 'a manager' to do well whether they're black, white, male or female. Only when everybody really is not making an issue of it then real equality can be achieved.
This is the ridiculous comment.

I guess all equal opportunities legislation is racist as well then?

• Like 1

Is it wrong that I want Ramsey to keep QPR up mostly because he's black? I have little opinion on him generally other than he seems like a nice bloke, but I want to see a black manager have a bit of actual success at the top level. I think it will be good for football generally. Odd that this is still a "thing" in 2015, but it is and we should face it IMO.

We'd have to capitulate big time to go down now. The way we have been playing these last 2 months I can't see it, but I'm not hearing that fat lady sing just yet.

Ridiculous comment!
Why?
Because wanting someone to do better or worse because of their skin colour is a racist comment in itself. If racism is to be kicked out permanently, we need to stop treating black and white like it's a different species. By making comments like this it's actually creating a divide, people should just want 'a manager' to do well whether they're black, white, male or female. Only when everybody really is not making an issue of it then real equality can be achieved.

What, you mean the stuff that says that employers can't discriminate on the basis of race? No. Why would it be?

Ridiculous comment!
Why?

What, you mean the stuff that says that employers can't discriminate on the basis of race? No. Why would it be?
Yep, the stuff that is based on separating people out into groups. By this person's thinking of the utopian ideal of 'no one is ever different and to even think about them differently is racist' means that anything which validates the differentiation e.g. equal opportunities, is implicitly racist.

Which is quite obviously bollocks.

Ridiculous comment!
Why?

Yep, the stuff that is based on separating people out into groups. By this person's thinking of the utopian ideal of 'no one is ever different and to even think about them differently is racist' means that anything which validates the differentiation e.g. equal opportunities, is implicitly racist.

Which is quite obviously bollocks.

Treating everybody different is racist. Whether people agree with me or not, I see different skin colour as no different as different hair colour. If you want equality, then skin colour needs to be removed as an issue and treated as ridiculous. Can you imagine someone being refused a job because they were ginger? Ridiculous, of course. Start actually treating people the same and not favouring skin colour because of 'issues of the past' and we may actually get somewhere in reaching true equality. "I want him to do well because he's black" is not only insulting to black people, but racist to white people. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

• Like 1

Villa are masters of the **** up, we could still easily lose all our remaining games.

Not safe until mathematical or some bizarre set of results would have to happen.

If we go down at this stage we fully deserve to be relegated.

I'd like QPR and Leicester to go, simply because they are both team's that may spend a few quid next year (not that it's helped them this year) same goes for Sunderland as well really.

Sunderland

Leicester

QPR

yes I think we're most likely safe. Other sides won't pick up enough or will take points off each other anyway. 

Think QPR are bust anyway, 

Leciester now still have a tough job but they have momentum, and Burnley I think have got the mentality to fight to get enough points. 

QPR, Sunderland and then Leicester or Hull I think for the chop - although it would be hilarious if Newcastle were pulled into it

yes I think we're most likely safe. Other sides won't pick up enough or will take points off each other anyway. 

Think QPR are bust anyway, 

Leciester now still have a tough job but they have momentum, and Burnley I think have got the mentality to fight to get enough points. 

QPR, Sunderland and then Leicester or Hull I think for the chop - although it would be hilarious if Newcastle were pulled into it

It would be even more hilarious if Albion were sucked into it after all the crap I read from Albion fans about their wonderful appointment of the dinosaur that is Pullis.

We need a few points yet, but I'm confident we can do it. Our form has picked up and we've got fight in the squad now. An in form Benteke transforms us.

Hull have a horrible run in and their form is poor, I think the they're doomed. Otherwise I think it could be anyone.

Sunderland? If we're going to survive then we absolutely want them to stay up too. Always an easy 4 points at least.

Fair enough, I was just thinking that the Burnley's and Hull's of the world are less likely to spend (therefore improve) than QPR, Leicester and Sunderland.

I don't really care what the other teams do now, I don't think we'll lose again this season.

Man City away?

I think we'll get at least a draw.

I would certainly take that. Can't see it happening though
After that display from Man City, maybe we could get something!!