Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

There's something that's undeniably certain and that is, if we go down this season, with the fixtures that we have remaining and the way the bottom four teams are performing, we will have massively underperformed in those last 14 games.

I look at other teams and think they are relegation quality all day long. Teams that can have the whole squad at 100% but are still not looking great for the win. This is where I have no idea how we are flirting with relegation yet again. Our team on form is quite easily midtable. If every player played at 10 out of 10 for one game I think any team in the league would struggle against us, I think its always been this way with us i.e beating all the top six in the previous seasons under Lambert. The problem is we still struggle to play that complete performance. To be fair yesterday was closest ive seen to it for a while, but there are still mistakes in there and we still need a striker on form. 

Not beating Lambert with his stick again because its the wrong thread, But I would love to see what a quality manager could do with this squad. Would have loved Koeman in here. Im sure we would be performing like Southampton. Ive said before, yes they have a more expensive squad than us maybe, but I really can't see anything better in there squad to ours right now.

Edited by foreveryoung

He's just trying to teach them how to be a better footballing side, in terms of passing and movement and not being scared of the ball. You can't try that and expect them to just suddenly be masters at it,they have to learn and will make mistakes along the way. That's why when I think of Lambert I think of him in terms of when he first introduced his new methods, 'the second coming of Lambert' if you like. It's my dream that like Lambert visited Bayern Munich to watch them train, one day Europe's up and coming young managers will come to Bodymoor Heath to watch Lambert and Villa train.

You little wind up you, taking advantage of us coming in late last night after a drink. I nearly fell for it, been on the Vodka hadn't I. :D

Nothing I wrote in that post was a 'wind up'. I did write that  the idea of up and coming Managers coming to watch Villa train was a dream. If it does come to fruition it'll be a good thing because it will have meant we have done well, so it's not a bad dream to have.

He's just trying to teach them how to be a better footballing side, in terms of passing and movement and not being scared of the ball. You can't try that and expect them to just suddenly be masters at it,they have to learn and will make mistakes along the way. That's why when I think of Lambert I think of him in terms of when he first introduced his new methods, 'the second coming of Lambert' if you like. It's my dream that like Lambert visited Bayern Munich to watch them train, one day Europe's up and coming young managers will come to Bodymoor Heath to watch Lambert and Villa train.

You little wind up you, taking advantage of us coming in late last night after a drink. I nearly fell for it, been on the Vodka hadn't I. :D

Nothing I wrote in that post was a 'wind up'. I did write that  the idea of up and coming Managers coming to watch Villa train was a dream. If it does come to fruition it'll be a good thing because it will have meant we have done well, so it's not a bad dream to have.

Stay off the drugs, kids.

• Like 1

You said something about it being a good move by Lambert to leave Hutton out for 2 years so he could think about his performances. That surely was not a serious post.

That was in another thread and I said that Hutton being given some time out, worked out for him in the end. I only brought this up because we had just heard the news that Benteke had been dropped and hopefully it would have a similar affect on him, albeit on a smaller scale.

Stay off the drugs, kids.

I can understand people disagreeing with me, or thinking that I'm being unrealistic.

The problem with mastering what Lambert is trying to teach them is that their footballing brains are so completely hot-wired with hoofball that it's going to take a while and a lot of practice for them to learn and longer to become masters of it. It is a bit risky trying to break it out mid-season though, I guess it's sink or swim time.

I liked a previous post similar to this as I thought it was a great wind up, which nearly caught a few.

But I think you're actually serious.

I was really happy about that like, I know you don't like Lambert as a Manager but I thought you could see a lot of sense in what I was saying.

And yes I'm serious, I'm a bit bemused that you think it's wind up, to be honest.

I'm just amazed that you think Lambert is trying to teach them something and they can't grasp it.

What great ideas does he have that makes you think once the players grasp it we'll be good?

I like your thinking!

Let every other coach and manager learn from Lambert and then everybody else will become as shit as we are and we'll be on a level par.

• Like 1

how we aint in the bottom three after this weekend is beyond me, thank you man city and west brom. better teams than us have gone down.

Again we are just looking at the results below us. But for some its the genius Lambert keeping us up every season.

how we aint in the bottom three after this weekend is beyond me, thank you man city and west brom. better teams than us have gone down.

Again we are just looking at the results below us. But for some its the genius Lambert keeping us up every season.

Results this weekend and last weekend have been incredibly kind to us.

• Like 1

Depressing our chances of relgation could now hinge on what QPR and Leicester do in regards to their vacant manager positions and likewise Hull. If we stay up it won't be because of lambert it will be despite him. Crystal palace and west brom have almost guaranteed there survival with astute manager changes at a critical period. Factor in Defoe joining Sunderland and newcastles points cushion we are well in the brown stuff