Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

................... we are only 5 points off relegation places but they also fail to mention we are the same number of points off a top ten spot and only two more than that off a top 8/9 spot...................

OK

Check this

7 pts behind L'pool - but - 5pts off Relegation place.

at our current 1.something a game Liverpool would have to lose 7 GAMES ON THE TROT for us to be level with them.

WBA (new manager), Palace (new manager) &/or Burnley would only need to win 3 games on the trot (or at some point in a run without losing) to OVERTAKE US

Taking into account our next games Leicester (0-1-3pts) Arse Chelski & 'pool (0-4pts).

0 pts from 12 = LAMBERT OUT!!!!

More likely 1 point from 12 = LAMBERT OUT!!!!

possibly 3pts from 12 = LAMBERT OUT!!!!

great would be 4 pts from 12

unlikely 6 pts from 12

4 from 12 would be 1 pt per game average

WBA, Palace AND Burnley could all end up above us if we get any less than 3 pts

12 from 12 I'll give Lambert my B****cks on a silver plate

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we occupy a relegation place and "Sacrifice" the Bournemouth FACup tie to "concentrate on the league" then................

LAMBERT (well & truly) OUT

if my aunty had bollocks she'd be my uncle
  • Like 2

Lose to Leicester and we will be half way there already floating in the bottom third. 12th.............Whatever!

An just a reminder so you don't think i was just on a wind up. I mentioned there are a few that will support Lambert no matter what, an hardy anyone believed me they actually exist. Well be proved wrong, cause there are 1 or 2 floating on this thread today. No names..................

Its getting tiresome now. Its like you actually thrive on trying to prove you are the ultimate Anti-Lambert fan. 

• Like 1

Lose to Leicester and we will be half way there already floating in the bottom third. 12th.............Whatever!

An just a reminder so you don't think i was just on a wind up. I mentioned there are a few that will support Lambert no matter what, an hardy anyone believed me they actually exist. Well be proved wrong, cause there are 1 or 2 floating on this thread today. No names..................

you really must refrain from putting words in people's mouths

................... we are only 5 points off relegation places but they also fail to mention we are the same number of points off a top ten spot and only two more than that off a top 8/9 spot...................

OK

Check this

at our current 1.something a game Liverpool would have to lose 7 GAMES ON THE TROT for us to be level with them.

WBA (new manager), Palace (new manager) &/or Burnley would only need to win 3 games on the trot (or at some point in a run without losing) to OVERTAKE US

Taking into account our next games Leicester (0-1-3pts) Arse Chelski & 'pool (0-4pts).

unlikely 6 pts from 12

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we occupy a relegation place and "Sacrifice" the Bournemouth FACup tie to "concentrate on the league" then................

nothing like being in the know eh?

So you agree with me then?

Edited by Grasshopper

Its getting tiresome now. Its like you actually thrive on trying to prove you are the ultimate Anti-Lambert fan. 

Not anti Lambert at all, ive wanted him to do well, an if some people think he is good manager doing the best he can thats fine,  

So then maybe it's just me aiming too high, being that I thought a good manager doing the best he can may actually come with some progression!!

I see the league is separating in its usual way. Anyone below Stoke is in the mire. I fully expect Everton to pull out of trouble PDQ leaving us to fight it out with the rest of the bilge.

And God there's some bilge down there. 

I see the league is separating in its usual way. Anyone below Stoke is in the mire. I fully expect Everton to pull out of trouble PDQ leaving us to fight it out with the rest of the bilge.

Anyone below Stoke are in the mire but Everton, who are below even us will pull out?

Why do people expect Everton to pull out of it? Martinez is under pressure, the boo boys are out, the journos have circled, they have a fair few old players, and they have more Europa yet

I think it's a case of benteke vs Lukaku, whoever starts scoring will pull his team out the shit

I just think that just like most other seasons, the people in the current positions bar one or two teams (Everton) will only pick up points in the same fashion they've been picking up points up until now.

The likely hood is that whatever points per game teams have currently achieving now, will probably be very similar at the end of the season,

BTW, that certainly wasn't true last season, there were some spectacular rises and falls in the 2nd half of the season, e.g. Norwich who took 14 points from their last 19 games and fell from 14th to 18th: Cardiff (12 from 19, 16th to 20th) and Hull (14 from 19, 10th to 16th). Going in the other direction were Sunderland (24 from 19, 20th to 14th); West Ham (25 from 19, 19th to 13th); and most spectacularly, Palace (29 from 19, 17th to 11th).

The season before wasn't quite so dramatic but you could mention Southampton who took 24 points from their last 19 and climbed from 18th to 14th; also a team known as Aston Villa (23 from 18, 17th to 15th).

So there is plenty to play for in the second half of the season and plenty of pratfalls waiting round the corner if teams (and maybe also their fans) get a bit complacent about being in mid table at the halfway point.

OK

Check this

So basically, if things carry on as they are, we'll stay in the same place.

If we do better than the teams above us, we'll catch up with them.

If the teams below us do better than us, they'll catch up with us.

Flipping genius stuff this!

• Like 3

OK

Check this

(A)If we do better than the teams above us, we'll catch up with them.

(B )If the teams below us do better than us, they'll catch up with us.

To be fair, I think he's saying it's far more likely that (B ) will happen than (A).

Which seems reasonable enough.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

OK

Check this

To be fair, I think he's saying it's far more likely that (B ) will happen than (A).

Yep. Was pretty obvious the point he was making.

• Like 1

OK

Check this

unlikely 6 pts from 12

If my uncle had 5 balls he'd be a pinball machine.

• Like 2

OK

Check this

To be fair, I think he's saying it's far more likely that (B ) will happen than (A).

I got that.

It still didn't require the convoluted calculations to make that point, which is what I was getting at.

You don't need a calculator to work out we're less likely to overtake Liverpool than Burnley are to overtake us.

FWIW, I think it's even more likely that neither will happen.

I don't have any maths to back it up though.

OK

Check this

I got that.

It still didn't require the convoluted calculations to make that point, which is what I was getting at.

You don't need a calculator to work out we're less likely to overtake Liverpool than Burnley are to overtake us.

FWIW, I think it's even more likely that neither will happen.

I don't have any maths to back it up though.

firstly, you edited out (I wonder why) my concern at not getting enough pts to remain the oh so cherished "12th - 5 pts above the relegation places" after the next 4 games.

Secondly, If we catch Liverpool up that'd be good because theyre not going down

Thirdly, If WBA, Palace & Burnley do overtake us WE'LL BE AS GOOD AS F***ed if we cant catch up again

That's what concerns me

Edited by Grasshopper

Anyone below Stoke are in the mire but Everton, who are below even us will pull out?

Yes, I expect Everton to turn their form around. The rest of the bottom half looks like a free-for-all.

firstly, you edited out (I wonder why) my concern at not getting enough pts to remain the oh so cherished "12th - 5 pts above the relegation places" after the next 4 games.

Secondly, If we catch Liverpool up that'd be good because theyre not going down

Thirdly, If WBA, Palace & Burnley do overtake us WE'LL BE AS GOOD AS F***ed if we cant catch up again

That's what concerns me

1)Why let it concern you now?

2)You can't do anything about it, aren't you better off leaving that kind of convoluted predicting to Nostradamus and letting the football do the talking first?

3)I don't understand the obsession with getting wound up about things that haven't happened yet.

1) Because I care

2) One doesnt need to be Nostra..... to know whats coming with Lamberts ability to A) break records B) lose/draw winnable games

3) I dont get wound up any more. the whole thing just hurts

........and were did you get your forum name from?

Edited by Grasshopper