Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

11 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

The Mrs brought a couple of bottles  of this Prime for the boys yesterday. She just told me how much they cost 💰💰

Has the world gone mad 

It has. 

A lot of press about TikTok in recent days and the fact that it will soon be banned/blocked from Government devices. Why the **** was it allowed on there anyway?! My work device is locked down tighter than Fort Knox because of the data I have access to. I can't believe official devices for the UK Government aren't like that. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Xela said:

Same as an arcade. Who drives along the M54 and thinks... "I really want to play a fruit machine right now"

Mostly HGV drivers who sleep at the services overnight and have a lot of time to kill. Years ago I worked at a motorway service area, the fruit machines always did a lot of business. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Danwichmann said:

Mostly HGV drivers who sleep at the services overnight and have a lot of time to kill. Years ago I worked at a motorway service area, the fruit machines always did a lot of business. 

As long as it keeps them from murdering women, it's all good. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Xela said:

Same as an arcade. Who drives along the M54 and thinks... "I really want to play a fruit machine right now"

The old joke was (can't remember which comic)

Who is driving down the M6, gets off at the service station and say "I think I'll play a driving game now?"

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Xela said:

A lot of press about TikTok in recent days and the fact that it will soon be banned/blocked from Government devices. Why the **** was it allowed on there anyway?! My work device is locked down tighter than Fort Knox because of the data I have access to. I can't believe official devices for the UK Government aren't like that. 

It's not the devices you wanna worry about it's the people using them :) Look at Hancock. Stupidly hands over incriminating messages to the press. He's attacked over the content. Can't see many people wondering why government business is being conducted on foreign 3rd party platforms not bound by the official secrets act though.

And to be fair little johnny did just sent me a moving image of a dancing cat. So I understand you're one of them tin foil hat conspiracy types xela but I really wanna press play.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

The old joke was (can't remember which comic)

Who is driving down the M6, gets off at the service station and say "I think I'll play a driving game now?"

I saw a video the other day, it was one of those day in a life sort of videos. 
Anyway it was a HGV driver and he was basically showing how he cooks food in his cab and where his bed is and all that stuff. Fairly boring stuff. 

But he had a video game console set up on the back of his cab where he sleeps. He said “I’ll play some video games for an hour to unwind before I go to sleep”

Fired up the console and started playing Truck Driver Simulator 😬😬

• Shocked 1

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Yeah, I can't have anything outside of the companies own play store. 

Government 20 years behind the real world as ever. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I saw a video the other day, it was one of those day in a life sort of videos. 
Anyway it was a HGV driver and he was basically showing how he cooks food in his cab and where his bed is and all that stuff. Fairly boring stuff. 

But he had a video game console set up on the back of his cab where he sleeps. He said “I’ll play some video games for an hour to unwind before I go to sleep”

Fired up the console and started playing Truck Driver Simulator 😬😬

The day they invent an insurance broking simulator I'm gonna be all over it like a fat kid on cake. 

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I can't have anything outside of the companies own play store. 

Government 20 years behind the real world as ever. 

You still have company provided devices? Nowadays it's all about managing people and context.

It depends if you are trying to make things secure, or engaging in security theatre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, limpid said:

You still have company provided devices? Nowadays it's all about managing people and context.

It depends if you are trying to make things secure, or engaging in security theatre.

You can BYOD* at our place but very few people do that. A lot of people just want complete separation. 

*only for top level management, not grunts like me

Edited by Xela

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

You can BYOD* at our place but very few people do that. A lot of people just want complete separation. 

*only for top level management, not grunts like me

We're looking at doing it for all devices, not just phones.

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

The day they invent an insurance broking simulator I'm gonna be all over it like a fat kid on cake. 

Lehman Brothers, sub-prime investment banker simulator is great. Plenty of gear, prostitutes and securitisation side games, where you hide all the bad debts at the bottom of good debts 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

But the kids and grown ups love it so?

Ah, I see. It's a slogan. 

Stupid sweets, stupid slogan. 

Â